Breast Pads Advice

Loveleen

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

I have now started preparing my hospital bag and need some advice on which breast pads to buy...I know some of you have already started using them so your advice will be helpful...

Thanks again..:)

i just got the disposable ones but not used the yet so not sure if there any good x

i got tescos ones which are ok id go for any that are breathable not lined as they more comfortable

I have tommee tippee disposable ones and used these last time too but i think that they have changed slightly since 6 years ago but hope they are as good as the last time. they were on special in tesco for ages so I have 10 box of 50 lol and also bought 2 packs of the new disposable cooling breast pads x

ive got tommee tippee ones too, got 2 boxes from asda for about £2.50 i think, havnt tried them out yet but think they should be ok, went on a breastfeedin parenting class yesterday and the midwife said any of them will work well, and to pop em in after each feed, and make sure u change em if they are damp after everyfeed n smother ur nips with cream n then they shouldnt get too sore,

good luck

xxx

Yes I got Tescos as well should be fine and as well they are sticky so they attached to your bar to keep them in place!! Just also remeber the cabbage leaves!!

I have got Sainsburys x3 boxes , they look ok, like the sound of the sticky bits Mrs K mentioned on the tesco ones tho!

Re the cabbage leaves mention - Anyone know if you can use the cabbage leaves if your planing to continue breastfeeding? They really help with sore boobs as i used them with my others, (all bottle fed for various reasons), but thought I heard something about the savoy leaves help to stop your milk? and I am really going for it to try breastfeeding this time, anyone know any facts?

Last edited:
As JJ's mum said Cabbage leaves are brillant when it comes to helping the pain afterwards but not really sure about if they stop milk etc! Another tip I have learned appartenly for a few days after the birth only to sip drinks not big drinks as the fluid is what causes the boobs to grown massive and become extremely sore (mines last time were actually unbearable)!! Will definitley be trying no too drink to much!

Thanks girls..u all have been really helpful..I will go and shop for them tomorrow..:)

Thanks girls..u all have been really helpful..I will go and shop for them tomorrow..:)

Happy Shopping - How long have you left now I remember we spoke ages ago cause we both had low lying placenta's!!

I've got johnsons and their crap!! They are meant to stick to your bra but mine keep falling out!! Also with the sore boobs... Yep they kill when you've given birth! Might have to try the cabbage trick cos I can't even cuddle Lacey!!

Im using Avent washable ones, they are excellent - also saves loads of money :)

I have a box of asda ones at the mo but goiba get washabe ones. At our parenting clasd we were told to looj at the different ones out therr as sine are bigger

I have loads lol I just thought they come in a box of 50 but thats only 25 changes as you need 2 obv one for each boob and I remember last time even when I bottlefed I leaked all the time and needed change every hour so that was like a box every 2 days for me lol but I suppose we are all different and produce diff amount of milk xx

Good point I didnt know how much of a supply was needed..:) will keep in mind..Thanks..:)

yeah my OH said why so many I said well last time I checked I had 2 boobs lol so that means 2 at a time he said yeah let me just double check you still have 2 boobs, he has been fab I am normally an 8 - 10 and a 32 (small)b and I have went to nearly out size 12 clothes and my boobs are 34c (almost d) not huge but I HATE them and he tells me every night he loves my "new" body so feel really good xx

i got boots washble ones and also 1 pack of disposeble for emergencies for example in changinbag x

I have got the Tommy Tippee ones although I haven't used them yet - this thread has actually made me realise I haven't packed any into my hospital bag, DOH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back