Breast or bottle??

Breastfeeding 100% I fed bella for three months before I dried up with low iron, placenta being left in me massive infection then I got pregnant after infection left my body gave up I don't think drugs from c section helped much lol bug I tried I then fed little man for 6 months before he grew teeth and kept biting me for a reaction till I bled lol the bugger!! X x this time upto six months then I'm happy oh doesn't want me too but I said tough I'm gettin a special needs feeder and a medela breast pump so when milk is established he can feed without confusing babys sucking pattens x

for the girls who's OH's think that feeding is the only way of bonding... just remind them of the bathing, cuddles, skin to skin time, looking after you (nappies ;)).... it is all just as important.... I actually think that that is a really selfish reason for the OH's to be against BF (sorry)

For those that FF it is entirely personal choice and circumstance (and information giving by the health professional) so good on you too....

Yea that's what I said to hubby ^^^^^^ he only held are son 2 times in 12 weeks passing him to me and changed one nappy then when he started bathing him he was convinced he didn't like him coz he was breast fed (zander not liking hubby that it lol) I told him it's nonsence he didn't know him coz he didn't hold him so I told him he is having Moses basket at his side this time to pass me him/her and baths and loads of skin on skin :) ( he is still dubious) x

I didnt know that the colostrum was all baby needed in the first few days, the midwives on the ward didnt tell me anything, just to keep feeding and feeding. I had to syringe the drops of colostrum off of my nipples and give it to her like that on their say so. Rosie didnt stop crying and I asked for her to have cup feeds of formula as I reasoned her crying to her hunger. Looking back I had no help at all. After my radiation scan for suspected lung clot I was unable to feed her or touch her for 12 hours, the midwife (one who I reported) made me use an electric breastpump for half an hour to get rid of all colustrum that was contaminated from the scan - I went home with blistered nipples from the pump. I wanted to go back and skin that midwife I can tell you..
So I would recommend anyone who is unsure about any aspect of breastfeeding, to ask to speak to a breastfeeding counsellor or someone who is trained. It goes a long way to have a little bit of help in the beginning xx
Poor you that sounds horrible, did you hear anthing afer the reporting of mw?

Yes it was all part of a complaint that I put to my local MP, the Exec of the hospital Trust and the Head of Midwifery at the hospital. It was good! They assured me they would investigate the two midwives that I reported :)

Yeh...I would tell the men that boobs are primarily for breastfeeding and to get over it :)

My OH's really good, he's supportive of whatever I decide to do. I'm sure he just agrees for an easy life but it works for me! x

He now agrees in my dissision he is now dubious over if ickie boo will like hm because of it he thinks ok if I breastfeed but what's the point in him bathing ect he thinks it won't make a difference! He asked me to bottle feed for him but if I didn't want to that was ok lol! As you said men! :rotfl:

Breastfeeding for sure. There is something special about doing something so beneficiall and important for your baby. It bonds such a closeness too. Plus you don't have to trek downstairs to heat bottles in the night and no sterilising to bother about lol. Simple, yet important!

Hello

I am not sure about breastfeeding. I think I would like to feed my baby breast milk but pump it out myself. I am scared about it really as my friend had such painful breasts when she did it. I know it is a good way to lose some pregnancy weight and good for the baby.

I will try it for certain

lau

Breastfeeding for sure. There is something special about doing something so beneficiall and important for your baby. It bonds such a closeness too. Plus you don't have to trek downstairs to heat bottles in the night and no sterilising to bother about lol. Simple, yet important!

I think this would be an incentive for me to breast feed!!
lol

Im gunna try and BF if poss, for as long as poss ..... of course its great for my bubs and thats the main factor but also its my own personally excuse to keep the OH away from the boobies...No massaging, no sucking ect ect which will hopefully lead to no rumpy pumpy until IM ready i told OH as a scare that i will be BF until baby is 3 yr old :lol: mHis face was a chuffin picture!!!! :twisted:

I think the main thing with children/babies/life in general is to read as much as you can (put up with) and try and gather a balanced view on what is right for you - as long as you know the Pros and Cons of each option (in this case, breast feeding and bottle feeding). I know that I would definitely like to try breast feeding for as long as possible and hope that it works out when the time comes.

There are some brilliant links to articles on this siteArticles (MODs - I hope you don't mind the link because the forums are pay-only access so not competition directly with here - I have no affiliation with this site nor its owners, it's just a site that I found articles available on and very useful) The articles are pretty fabulous as a starting point on some subjects!

I def want to breast feed. and for as long as i can. i hope my baby takes to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back