breast feeding?

siouxie

Reaction score
I've told one of my friends I want to breastfeed. She did a mixture of brestfeeding and formulabandbas a result het milk dried up. I want to try n just breastfeed n then if it's to much express. But she was dead against the idea saying what about my boyfriend share of doing the bottles n I'm stupid and going to wear my self out. and I should be making him do half of them. She is constantly moaning about her boyfriend missing out on bottles because he works n out ect. I'm not against the idea of bottles just wasn't planning on to unless I feel like I need to.

Absolute poppycock! You do whatever you feel us right for you and your baby! I breastfed but only managed nine days :( in the end formula was better for us but do it for as long as you can and want to, there are plenty of other things that your oh can enjoy with baby. Yes us is tiring but so worth it, I love that I know I gave my baby the best start and we have such a strong bond now. I will do it again for the next baby and hopefully for longer :) x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Its up to you, but thats my plan, breastfeed and express so my oh can feed. Or anyone else like my mum or his mum. If my boy doesnt take to breastfeeding (like my first) then we will use baby milk. Hunni its your choice and your baby, you do want feels right. x

You make sure you do what feels right for you! The important thing about breast feeding is, if it works out, it gives your baby an amazing start it isn't about who else won't be doing the feeding. Expressing allows others a go at it anyway. It's your baby so you and OH do what you want. Everyone has an opinion on how everything should be done when you're pregnant and quite frankly it's rarely any of their business!
When LO is here you'll do whatever you need to do and that will be the right choice no matter what :) x

Do whatever is right for you and baby at the time. And what works for one person doesnt mean it will for you. I want to breastfeed, but I'm not getting too hung up about it. We have everything for bottle feeding bought in just incase. And I will be expressing after baby has an idea of what it's doing, I think it's important that daddy has that feeding/bonding moment and also gives mummy's a chance for a shower or nap. And I want to give my baby the best start. So my plan is to try and breast an express, and then formula if necessary...!!
Go with the flow... There's no rights or wrongs!xxx

I exclusively breastfeed and waited til the recommended 6 weeks to try some expressed milk in bottle so oh could have a go. She had no idea what to do with the bottle, thought it was a toy to chew. We've tried since but still no luck. My other half doesn't mind, he works all day anyway and it's so easy to pop out a boob. It is a tie I guess but I see it as its only 6 months and then I'll be able to go out for longer. I currently go to the gym and swimming while mum has her so it's not that restricting. Good luck with whatever you decide but if you have no problems with breast feeding- its saved us a fortune!

It's up to you hun, but the most important thing is that you do some research and come to your own conclusions.

I plan to breast feed solely in the beginning but OH will be involved in everything else - bathing, comforting baby, changing nappies.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Do whatever is right for you and baby at the time. And what works for one person doesnt mean it will for you. I want to breastfeed, but I'm not getting too hung up about it. We have everything for bottle feeding bought in just incase. And I will be expressing after baby has an idea of what it's doing, I think it's important that daddy has that feeding/bonding moment and also gives mummy's a chance for a shower or nap. And I want to give my baby the best start. So my plan is to try and breast an express, and then formula if necessary...!!
Go with the flow... There's no rights or wrongs!xxx

I couldn't agree more or said it better, spot on .xx

Thanks, ive also read if u give a bottle to early before getting breastfeeding established that the baby can start to regect ur boob. Is that true?

I have heard that 2. But my friends 2week old baby boy is having breast and bottle and he's doing just fine.xx

I've heard that plenty too, I've tried a bottle with all 5 of my breastfed babies usually around 1-2 weeks only one refused the bottle but all remained breastfed so i think it helps if it is as early as possible but that's my opinion. xx

Last edited:
I agree with the others do what is right for you. I exclusively bf until 7 months but I did express and lo would take it from a bottle. I agree with trying bottle quite early on - I did it at 11 days old on advice of special care who said she was established at bf by that point and it wouldn't confuse - and disagree with the idea that you will therefore confuse lo. I did one bottle of expressed milk every day which hubby could feed her at around 11pm so I could go to bed early and get a chunk of sleep before the next feed. Hubby has also always been in charge of bath time and that is a special time for them together. She also used tk love sleeping on hubbys chest when she was tiny so lots of bonding opportunities.Plus as they get older other things like reading books together. From a mums point of view it's also nice to have special bonding time whilst bf as it means you get your baby back regularly even when they are being passed around all of the visitors in the early days xx

Nipple confusion.is actually quite rare x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

I'd ignore the views and do what you want, I'm planning to breast and express and see how it goes, OH wants to share feeding

Do what's best for you, I combined fed from two weeks and continued to with no problems to breast milk supply etc until my boy was a year old, my second was bottle fed due to prematurity and my milk not coming in properly he was tube fed for a while.

Research and be flexible within what YOU, oh and baby want

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back