breast feeding

abbiecourt

Reaction score
morning ladies and bumps :)

i want to breast feed this time round and i had a dream i could not breast feed my baby :(

anyway when you exspress milk for a day out to other halfs family can we still use normal bottles with teats or is their special ones u have to buy? x

Most newborn teats are for breastfeeding babies too although you can get tommy tippy ones that are supposed to be more like breastfeeding. My only advice would be to make sure that they match your flow, my first baby wouldn't take a bottle as it flowed too slowly, I got one with more holes in and she was fine. You get a couple of bottles and teats with breastpumps to start you off normally. x

Also remember not to introduce a bottle until breastfeeding is fully established so as not to create nipple confusion.

If you're worried about feeding in front of others then I'd highly recommend investing in a Mama Scarf, breastfeeding scarf.

Ps-breastfeeding is awesome. Read up on it as much as possible now so that you'll be prepared. It's a skill that both mum and baby take time to learn. Xxx

I can't input anything, but I am planning to give it a go, hopefully it works. I might have a problem with nipple sensitivity but we will see how it goes. A friend of mine tried but it just didn't work for her, I think she felt like a failure at first but she is fine and the baby is fine.

As a not really thought about having babies until this one came along, I've always thought it was a simple case of just holding the baby and it latching on.... it's clearly more than that.... anyone know any good sites to read up about it? xxx

I posted in another thread earlier about breastfeeding.

Its not always possible to express. I thought I would be able to but could only express 1/2 a bottle and it took 3/4 hours to get that much. Plus my daughter got nipple confusion and didn't take to nipple right after having bottle.

I found myself stuck with having to breastfeed baby for a good few weeks, I wasn't able to pass baby to OH for a break or anything, which was frustrating. She was feeding every 2 1/2 hours which meant I didn't sleep any longer than that for around 3/4 months.

Obviously not everyone has these problems, but its always good to be aware of what could go wrong.

Fingers crossed for you anyway.
:)

Littlemiss83 you describe me!

My 4 month old feeds every 2 hours, every 3 during the night. My sister's breastfed baby slept through from 7pm-8am from two weeks old. Think it's sometimes the luck of the draw. I've got used to it though and it doesn't bother me at all, he's just a greedy boy! X

Littlemiss83 you describe me!

My 4 month old feeds every 2 hours, every 3 during the night. My sister's breastfed baby slept through from 7pm-8am from two weeks old. Think it's sometimes the luck of the draw. I've got used to it though and it doesn't bother me at all, he's just a greedy boy! X

Hate to tell you Gem but Isla is 5 months and does the same! She used to sleep 5/6 hours at night but doesn't any more.

I'm not so bothered right now, but I go back to work in 5 months so I'll worry nearer the time.

hi i greatful for all ur replies, i was wondering if any of u can recomend a good breast pump to i looked them up and someone put the electric one is to noisy and broke after couple times of use, and the hand held pump and said it starts hurting ur hand, i dont wanna spend a lot and not use x

Medela swing. It's £90 odd in the shops but I got mine on eBay and hallelujah for that pump. It is awesome. I have gone through loads of pumps an that one is by far the quickest and the best.
Breastfeeding is amazing. As long as you take it day by day, relax about it and think positive you'll be fine! X

I have tried manual pumps, the TT electric and then the Medela mini electric, swing and freestyle (double).

The Medela really is the muts nuts. It's just brilliant. The Medela swing is the best all rounder for price and functionality. Don't waste your money on anything else as this is the one to buy, trust us. Mothercare and boots sometimes do offers on it. Or when boots do that £12 of points when you spend over £50 it's worth doing that (that's what I did with mine - plus used a double points voucher and a 400 points when you spend £40 voucher so got about £20 back in points).

My blog that I write for work is on the bottom of my sig. I wrote it day by day for the first two weeks and then week by week until now. It's a very honest account of my breastfeeding journey. I would also recommend The Leaky B@@b group on Facebook and her blog from that. Kelly's mom is also a good site to look at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back