Breast Feeding Worries

Im planning on breastfeeding too and had a class as part of my antenatal classes. Found ti really helpful bt still scared about doing it right and remembering eveything we got told. Does anyone have any experience on breastfeeding and expressing together ? cos both me and my OH would really like him to be involved in feeding the baby ? i've heard stories about the baby getting confused between the nipple and the teat of a bottle so any success stories... id like to get some helpful tips about it.

Great post Lexi!

I am really trying to find out as much as possible about this, as I failed 3 times due to babies feeding by tube and so this time I'ts just something I have to do for me. I already missed on natural labour every time, so it's all I feel will make that right now! I may be setting myself up for a disapointment but I can but try

I am now going to ask my hospital at my 34 week consultant appointment now to see if they offer any breastfeeding sessions you can go to. Or I will have to see if I can find something local.

I like the idea of a breastfeeding cafe, as I guess many may be new mums there, too so meat some mums and get the feeding sorted - double whamy!!

Thanks guys

Last edited:
Probably a silly worry but i havent had any nipple leakages so wondering if mine are even working properly?!? :roll: I know some of you ladies started with this before now

i havnt had any leekage either, i asked the BFeeding expert n she said its fine, nothing to worry about n that i might just need to squeeze my nips to get the milk through,

theres something that happens when u deliver the placenta that tells ur boobies to get the milk ready cos babys here.. so i guess we might just have to wait until that reflex comes in :)

xxx

if you join netmums.com they stick u in your local area n have a notice board with details of breastfeeding groups at the local childrens centres that u can attend :)

ive noticed that they also tell ya where is good for bfeeding, locally our debenhams cafe is a big hit, and under no circumstances *ive been told* to feed in any toilet, u wouldnt eat your dinner in there so baby shouldnt either, funny looks or anything,

good luck xxx

Probably a silly worry but i havent had any nipple leakages so wondering if mine are even working properly?!? :roll: I know some of you ladies started with this before now

i havnt had any leekage either, i asked the BFeeding expert n she said its fine, nothing to worry about n that i might just need to squeeze my nips to get the milk through,

theres something that happens when u deliver the placenta that tells ur boobies to get the milk ready cos babys here.. so i guess we might just have to wait until that reflex comes in :)

xxx

Thanks hun, thats reassuring... Half of me was pleased there was no wet patches to worry about! But the other half was wondering whether this was normal... Glad im not the only one and there's nothing wierd about it! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back