BP question

Ammdaz

Reaction score
Had mw appt yesterday and was just looking through my notes to see what she'd put. My BP was 120/78 which I know isn't that high but at every other appt it's been 100/60 or 110/60 so surely that's quite a rise?? Mw didn't mention it or show concern but as I'm sure you ladies will understand if there's any tiny reason to worry I will find it! Do you think it's ok? Xxx

I read somewhere that blood pressure starts to rise towards the end of pregnancy back to your normal pre-pregnancy level. It's supposed to be lower during the second trimester in particular. Sure it's nothing to worry about x

Anything below 140/80 is normally considered OK for late pregnancy

xxxx

Thanks ladies, that makes me feel much better :) xxx

It's normal for your BP to rise a little in pregnancy. I was 90/60 before pregnancy, so borderline low and for most of it I've been around 100-110/70. Unfortunately today I was 148/92!! As long as your BP is in the healthy range there wont be any concerns.

I got told as long as the bottom number is below 90 it's ok. Your "bad" blood pressure reading is inline with mine when it's a bit on the "low" side, haha xx

In had a rise in BP at my 28/29 weeks apt and she booked me in 2 weeks later to get it checked, I was told by a few people that its the lower number they watch and 90 is the cut off, anything over that and they send you to be checked at hospital. Luckily my BP had come down again which was a relief but its normal for it to go up towards the end apparently, or so I'm told x

As others have said that's still really normal. Mine is normally the same as yours was previously and its considered on the lower end of the scale - I often feel quite dizzy because of it too! Xx

Hi Hun!

I have high bp throughout my pg. It is stablie at 130/95 and the docs here are not worried about it as it is stabile. They said it would be far more worrying if it was going up and down, then the body cant cope. But with it being so high all the time, means that the body has time to get used to it. Still, keep an eye on it hun!!

Hope your doing ok!!! XXXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back