** UPDATE ** - Blood pressure through the roof at 36 weeks

Naterjack

Reaction score
AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

This pregnancy has been fine, no probelms at all, BP always normal for me (120/70), urine fine, etc etc
Saw consultant at 28 weeks due to being only 4ft 11 and had a growth scan at 34 weeks, all fine there and consultant said i should be ok for a vaginal birth.

Final consultant appt today, I was feeling good ..... only to be told ...... My blood pressure was 170/97 :doh:
OH MY GOD, why so high
No protein in urine and i feel fine in myself !!??

So now i have to have urgent bloods taken tomorrow, the results chased for Tuesday evening, a MW home visit on Wednesday or Thursday and another consultants appt on Monday at the big hospital, where, if my BP hasnt gone down, they will book me in to deliver my baby ! He said it may be best anyway to enable me to have an easier vaginal birth

Told i must rest - i am bored outta my head though, ive only been off work a week and its boring - but been told that if i dont rest totally, they will hospitalise me.

Had a quick scan and saw bubs again, all looks fine, still head down and 3/5's engaged

Booked my bloods and appointments and had trouble keeping the tears back :cry:
Anyone in a similar situation ?

Awww hun im so sorry to hear this, i know what you mean about the boredom i have only entertained myself today by putting the crimbo decs up if it wasnt for that and my midwife apt today i would of been bored, sending you lots of hugs, try and take it easy hun hope everything works out for you and you have some better news tomorrow. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

were you rushing before hand? last week my BP was a lot higher than usual, and i'd woken up late, rushed to the doctors & had a red bull on the way!

either way, i hope things are ok hun :hug: :hug:

i dont know why t was so high - i HAD been for a light swim an hour earlier but took my time to chill out before my appointment and was early so not rushed - i usualy go swimming before my appointments as it relaxes me so not sure if that could have been the reason

Although ive been told no more swimming for me :cry:

Oh hun Im sorry your blood pressure is high....have they given you any indication of why it might be?

Hope everything goes well this week :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

oh I'm sorry to hear your BP was so high :(
hopefully it turns out your bloods were ok and everything is fine! good luck and take care :)

awwww hun :( sorry to hear this. I really hope your appointments go well this week, fingers crossed its just a wee blip and your BP comes back down and bloods are clear :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I hope your blood pressure gets down and it's nothing serious hun :hug:

Hun this happened to me with my 1st baby my BP went up to 230/130 but no protein and I ended up being kept in and induced a couple of weeks early and baby was fine so don't worry if the worst happens you get to meet baby a bit sooner :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

thanks guys, the consultant said this is probably what will happen

My nausea is awful aswell though and worrying about this made me worse last night :puke: I now have a sicky car to clean up - suppose its good practice for cleaning up after little one :wall:

Bloods this a.m. so will ask them to check BP again ASAP

Fingers crossed were both ok - i'm such a worrier :(

well, Blood test done, waiting results
I have a BP monitor so just did a test and i was 140/89 - so borderline high really - but quite a bit better than yesterday 170/97 even after walking up 8 flights of stairs to my flat

Feeling a bit better about it now
I slept for all of 2 hours last night as i was so worried :bored: So i think some sleep today will do me good

:( sorry to hear you didn't get much sleep.

at least your BP has gone down, 8 flights of stairs is bound to raise your BP! good luck with your blood results and let us know when you know something :hug:

Thanks guys
Just spoke to my MW and explained the situation, she said my blood test results were back and no sign of Pre eclempsia which is great news and all looks fine

I explained that i've been testing my BP at home twice per day and resting, and that it's back down to 148/79 and she said thats great news and it sounds like i was nervous (which is was but its never cause it to go THAT high)

So - she's coming to see me at home on Friday, then i have the hospital / consultant appointment on Monday to re-check and decide if bubs needs to be delivered sooner - i think i'll be ok though - also, i slept for 12 hours last night so i feel loads better :D
:cheer: :cheer:
Thanks for your cuddles and good wishes - back to enjoying it now

OOHH and i just realised that tomorrow ....... I'LL BE TERM :cheer:

glad its gone down hun and your feeling better
congrats on full term :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members