Feeling Frightened :(

babyelmo

Reaction score
I'm having a horrible day today. My midwife came to visit me at home earlier. I've been feeling breathless for weeks now. My iron levels are fine, they've just put it down to baby crushing up everything inside.

At my antenatal appt last Monday my bp had gone from 110 / 70 to 120 / 75. Then I had an appointment with my consultant on Wednesday and it had crept up a bit to 123 / 75. They said it was fine as it's within the normal range and my wee was fine too.

Today I woke up feeling not right at all, and more breathless than usual. I've had the easter holidays off work so i've not been racing around too much. This afternoon I started feeling worse, and every time I got up all I could see was flashing lights in my eyes. I phoned the maternity unit just for some advice and she said I needed checking urgently. As i've got my daughter home they said they'd send a midwife round to see if I needed admitting.

SHe was here within half an hour, my bp has gone up to 150 / 90 :shock: There's no protein in my urine and only a tiny bit of swelling in my knuckles, so she doesn't want to admit me but she's coming round again on Thursday for another check and if I feel worse in the mean time I've got to go in.

I'm really very frightened that this could be the start of pre eclampsia :( I've always had low blood pressure, it never went above 120 during my last pregnancy. This is all really scary :(

You poor thing. Try and relax and stay calm. It's good they've got you on their 'radar' and are keeping an eye on you. Do you have family who can watch your daughter? Or even sit with you to reassure you? Xx

:hugs: lets hope its not pre eclampsia and things calm down by the time your mw see's you again, sending you lots of hugs and try not to worry too much (easier said than done i know) xx

Thank you. I've got friends close by who know what's happening and are just at the end of the phone. My oh is away working but can come back if he needs to. I'm going to get my daughter in bed soon then go myself to try to relax a bit as i'm sure being stressed isn't doing the baby any good!

Thanks Deedee, I really hope not too. Luckily my maternity unit are great so I know I can just go up there if i'm worried. I'm not entirely sure what to do to bring my bp down except rest with my feet up! xx

An early night sounds like a good plan hun, and fingers crossed that you wake up feeling nice and fresh and almost back to normal (barring the bump and wriggly baby :lol: lol) xx

Lol, he usually wakes me up around 5 with all his thrashing about!! I'm sure he's trying to beat his way out sometimes!

ahh thats not so bad...3am is when mine decides to have a wriggle fest haha! x

Thank you. Hopefully if I take it easy it'll all calm down x

I hope all goes well on Thursday for you, definitely try and relax the more stressed out and worrying that one can do increases bp. Take care Hun xxx

:hug:

Hope you manage to get some good rest in hun, take care of yourself and try not to worry too much xxxx

Thank you :hug: Hopefully it's just one of those things. I've had so many niggly problems in this pregnancy, my consultant said it's always little boys that are naughty and cause trouble!! Just as long as he's ok in there, that's all I care about at the moment.

Morning hon. I'm still feeling a bit odd, kind of spaced out but nothing I can really put my finger on, if that makes sense? I didn't sleep too well though so it could be just where i'm tired. I'm very sick of being so breathless all the time though!

How are you? xx

Ahh bless ya hun, i'd deffo ring the docs if you're worried though, i have to say i have days where i feel odd, where my heart seems to be going ten to the dozen and i feel queasy and just not right but i'm usually ok the next day or after a few hours!

I'm not too bad today thanks, kinda just staring at the housework and trying to find some energy from somewhere to do it lol! Thats what school holidays do to me, just want a lazy day everyday haha!

xx

I'm doing the same! I took the 2 weeks of the easter holidays off work so I could chill out a bit, i've ended up being busier than ever!!

Do you think being a bit stressed could have caused my bp to go up? I've got tons going on at the moment, i'm trying not to get worked up about it all as I know it's not good for the little fella, but I wonder if it's just all built up without me realising??

Could be hun, tbh i had one day where i was really stressing with DD, she was a right little pain all day with her behavior and i just seemed to be telling her off all day long, i ended up with chest pains and ended up going to hospital in a bloody ambulance, all was ok but it kinda made me think and now if shes been a little sod i kinda just ignore her or let OH chastise her! Stress deffo does cause your BP to increase xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back