BP?

isobel84

Reaction score
im not sure what good BP is as everytime i have had it done they have just said its good.
On my first MW appointment it was 120/70, second it was 120/72 and today 9 weeks later it was 135/60?
She said in pregnancy it will change and it might have been due to that i had just walked there (30 min) and walked up all the stairs cuz i had it done straight away when i got there.
But as the first number is higher and second lower.. what does that mean? is my BP getting abit high?
she said its nothing to worry about tho, i just dont really understand the numbers and whats good or bad or normal :wall2:

Your blood pressure sounds ok to me - if the second number goes up to about 80 and above then you would have high blood pressure.

If mw says its nothing to worry about then I wouldnt worry too much. xxx

found this on wiki answers hope it helps

A pregnant woman's blood pressure should be the same as any other person's normal blood pressure, around 120/80 (give or take 5-10 points). It is important to monitor the blood pressure during pregnancy, to watch for preeclampsia and eclampsia.

my BP was only 100/56 when the midwife checked it last, but has been known to drop as low as 90/50 with my last pregnancy

The top number is the systolic blood pressure, which is the maximum pressure in the arteries when the heart contracts, and the bottom number is the diastolic pressure, the minimum pressure in the arteries when the heart is relaxed. One or two points difference isn't that significant, like you said if you have been exercising, or are stressed, but if it kept climbing by 10-20 points at a time and didn't come back down to your normal reading or there abouts then they'd be a bit worried.
When you are pregnant there will naturally be changes in BP as the amount of blood increases to be able to feed bubs through the placenta. Your BP sounds just fine!!

Last edited:
yours sounds great hun mine was about 130/88 last time and im going to be on fornightly checks soon as it already rising a bit although not bad my worst with dd was 155/110 and i had to stay in hosp but i knew something was wrong as i had an unshiftable headache

thanks lisa, i hope yours dont get like last time xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back