Boys names for girls

MrsR

Reaction score
Ok so I really love unusual names! At the moment my OH and I are absolutely loving the name Rory for a girl. We love Rory Alivia. Let me know what you think!

No I reckon rory is a boys name, it is for me anyway :) It was my sons name who we lost :(

Aw I'm sorry for your losses hun! Thank you for your opinion, I'll probably see baby and change my mind about name anyway! Did with my daughter

Yeh my mum was gonna name my bro rory. So thought it was defo a boys name

I don't know, I quite like it. When you look at the name it looks too boyish and although it's a boys name when you say it it feels like it could be both! So I think it's usable. I quite like boys names for girls. If I have a girl her middle name will be Jaymes. Very boyish. Xx

There's a model called James! It's a nice choice. We'd really like to balance the 'boyish'ness of the names with a 'girly' middle name. Any ideas?!

How about Tyler, Taylor, Billie, Cori, Toni or Alex?

I do think Rory is a wee boys name, know too many boys with that name so it's kind of ingrained. Dylan is often used as a girls name as well as a boys xx

I'm not a fan of Dylan for girl or boy but thanks for suggestion! Rory's the only boys name we'd want for a girl. Just need middle names to go with it! We like Alivia. Any ideas?

i used to work with a girl called Rory!

Cool! I don't know what it is about it, we just have fallen in love with it!

Hi Helen, do you mind me asking your last name as Rory is such a short name, it would depend how long your surname is as to a middle name, we are Jones and we have a Toby Robin, Briony Leigh and Rhys Daniel as the boys names are so short they needed double sylable middle names

Rory is my chosen new baby boys top middle name at the moment, Hubby doesn't like it, so I can't have as a first name! lovely name tho

Jen

Last edited:
Last name is Hardman. It's a blooming difficult last name as I love Harry for a boy but it just sounds ridiculous!

OH hates most of my suggestions as I like unique names and he likes 'normal' names! Though weirdly he loves Rory too!

If you've both fallen in love with the name then you should go for it hun, maybe you could make the spelling of it more feminine somehow? I like Arora, you can shorten that to rory.

I'm not a big fan of Aurora (too sleeping beautyish) but do like Lorelai which is the name I first heard The short form of Rory x maybe Rorie or Rorye? x

I like Rory spelt Rorei or Roriie just looks prettier imho.

I LOVE boys names as girls (not the other way round tho lol)) With my 1st, I liked Bobbi, Billie, cameron. Unisex I supose, but I love the idea of a really girly girl with a boyish name. how I ended up with poppy and Nell I'll never know lol!!

We still like Rory but love Eden and Yves as well x lol x just gonna wait and see what bubba is x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back