Bottle feeding

Tasha20

Reaction score
Just got back from parent craft and we were talking about bottle feeding and breast feeding.

She said that your not allowed to pre make bottles anymore and that you can only make a bottle for when its needed?

Is this true? my mum used to make 4 in the morning for the day and then 4 at night and now the women says you cant do that anymore is that true?

If thats the case then surely your baby is gonna be quite upset when it has to wait for you to make the bottle and then cool it down again when its hungry?

I am planning to breastfeed and just see how it goes and go witht he flow so to speak, but if I decided to go onto bottle that just sounds rediculus!

:think:

Ive just made up 6 to do me tomorrow. I heard them at that one in the hospital :roll: Listen to your mum honey, mums know best :lol:

Good luck with the breastfeeding. I think they make these things up with the bottles to put you off bottlefeeding.

I think if we listened to what the "experts" tell us we would have a very restricted life!!!

I am planning on breast feeding but I know if for any reason I had to bottle feed I would be making up my bottles in batches! I think as long as you sterilise them properley and store them correctly there should be no problem!!!

I am sure those peple who said make em up as you go along didn't have a screaming child by the side of them!!

i know absolutely nothing about bottle feeding.

with my bottles i put the water in them in the fridge and then add the powder when needed :D

with breast milk it can be kent for up to 48 hours in the fridge

Thats a really good idea Hev, does the formula mix ok with the water being cold?

it does. sometimes mine are cold by the time i get back to them after leaving the water to cool.

Fantastic!

I have not really looked at the issue of bottle feeding but I did have a few concerns... this was one of them! Anything to make life easier when your busy with little one!

I always made them up and put them in the coldest part of the fridge. They were fine.

You hear so much conflicting information, from different midwifes, to aunts and grans and you just think, well it didn't do me any harm.

Nowadays there is so much you're not allowed to eat, do etc that i think they sometimes take it too far, and you spend half of your pregnancy thinking oh god shjould i be eting this or should i be doing this instead of relaxing and actually enjoying pregnancy!

Vicki83 said:
You hear so much conflicting information, from different midwifes, to aunts and grans and you just think, well it didn't do me any harm.

Nowadays there is so much you're not allowed to eat, do etc that i think they sometimes take it too far, and you spend half of your pregnancy thinking oh god shjould i be eting this or should i be doing this instead of relaxing and actually enjoying pregnancy!

:clap: :clap:
when i had my daughter 4 years ago i was told to store a days worth of milk in the coldest part of the fridge :roll: :D xx

Vicki83 said:

My GP gave me the best advise... avoid things that could give you food poisining, otherwise eat what your body tells you it wants.

lauramumof2 said:
budge said:
i know absolutely nothing about bottle feeding.

:roll: okay wonderboobs. :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Thanks for the advice ladies, I am sure though that I will breast feed for quite a long time as its good for her and very convenient! the thought of getting up and having to go downstairs to get a bottle in the night really puts me off bottle feeding :lol: (lazy cow)

I thought she was talking a load of boll*x because it never did me or my little brothers and sisters any harm, its proberly a new tactic to put mums of bottle feeding. :roll:

Thanks for all your replys ladies :hug:

Lyndsey said:
Thats a really good idea Hev, does the formula mix ok with the water being cold?

yep it works fine :D and it keeps the milk more fresh

I always found that when the water was cooler it was easier because if its still warm the scoop gets all clogged up with the dried milk and sticks to it so your not getting the proper measurements.

I used to make up mine, with 2 babies screaming at the same time, I can't see how you would have made on demand.

What happens when you go out? :shock:

I was shocked when the health visitor told me not to make up bottles in advance for the day as everyone I knew had always done it. I reckon they are only saying it to make breast feeding sound much easier than washing the bottle, rinsing the bottle, sterilising the bottle, waiting for the kettle to boil and cool, making up the bottle and getting it to the right temprature whilst baby is screaming :x i make my 6 up for the day.

So, let me get this right.

If you make up a bottle using cooled boiled water straight from fridge, like Hev does (just adding powder when needed) is it safe to reheat???

And whats the best way to do it, bottle warmer or standing bottle in hot water??

Im not very good on the whole bottle feeding subject :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back