First midwife appointment

nicky1987

Reaction score
Hey Ladies, i have my booking in appointment with my midwife on monday and was just wondering what i should expect. What sort of things do they go through and what questions get asked? I'm quite nervous about it x

Hey Ladies, i have my booking in appointment with my midwife on monday and was just wondering what i should expect. What sort of things do they go through and what questions get asked? I'm quite nervous about it x

Hi nicky. Nothing to worry about... :) all gets it started!! Exciting! Each pct is different but at my booking in appointment, the midwife asked what i did and partner did for a living...goea through ur pregnancy folder with you, takes bloods and blood pressure and urine sample!! She even booked my scan then and there!! :) my midwife asked me to fill in two forms both the same, one for folder and one for her to copy in to the computer. She then made an app to come to my house and went through the forms in depth! Has questions about past health? All the general...address, emergency contact?! Etc!! Hope that helps! :) xxx

Pretty much the same except mine never needed to come to my house. She just checked height, weight, urine sample and blood pressure. Went through family history (for both me and OH), ilnness' and operations, smoking/drinking. She also explained about future appoinments and gave me an idea of whta to expect from each one. Good luck :)
Oh, and she also gave me information on the hospital labour ward, birthing centre and her personal contact details should I need to contact to her.

Hi hun,

Is it your actual booking appointment? Or just a preliminary appointment to get the ball rolling?

The reason I ask is that it's pretty ununal to have a booking apppointment so early?

I saw my GP at 5w 5d and he did some initial checks (BP, height, weight) and then referred me onto the MW at my chosen hospital.

I would imagine that although you are seeing the MW you probably wont have an initial booking appointment just yet?

It's still lovely to get things started off though :lol:

xxxxxxxxx

I've already seen the gp and he made me the booking appointment straight away because i need an early scan due to being on clomid. He said they needed to get me started straight away x

Awww excellent - an early scan!!! How exciting

xxxxxxxxx

Snap I have my booking appointment Monday too! I will be 10weeks, from previous experience they will ask u lots of questions about you your partner how your feeling they fill out the basics in your notes take your measurements height weight etc, you have 3 lots of bloods taken and you usually have to take a urine sample with you, it's nice to finally get the ball rolling, my mw will hopefully send off for my routine scan appointment too, good luck xx

Good luck hun.
Go armed with knowing what medical issues both sides of your family have etc. So many forms to fill in but you get a goody bag at the end and your notes which you can nosey thru ;)

Ooooo a goody bag :) I love goody bags!!!

We don't really have any medical problems so that ones easy enough. Just OH with his stupid eyes!!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back