Booking Appt Tomorrow

Roxi21

Reaction score
Well it's my booking appt tomorrow which makes me 8 weeks...!! I don't know what to expect..!! Im excited but nervous as it's a step closer to my scan!xx

When I had mine the midwife went through our family history etc and took some blood from me. Appointment took about an hour and a half. It is an exciting feeling. I got my scan date quickly after my first appointment xx

Im thinking as soon as i get past the first milestone everything will flow quicker..! i just want a scan so i know everything is ok! Did the mw use a doppler to check for a hearbeat at the appt??x

I've got dating scan tomorrow then booking appt on Friday. Lots of little things to look forward too :) other than the blood taking!

How come you get dating scan at 8 weeks and I got to wait till 12?

Midwife won't check for heartbeat until your 16 week appointment 8 weeks is very early to find babies HB. They take your bloods ask your family history um if you've got any children how the labour went ( mine did anyway). Weigh you. And they might give you your scan date too! My area you get your scan date at your appointment but I know some you have to wait for a letter through the post x

I'm not excited about my booking appointment at all- if anything it's abit of a pain- essential but a pain- for memory it's just 101 questions

I've got to make an excuse to get out of work today to go to mine- as she only does Wednesdays- the worst day for me of the week!

Moan over lol :(

I've got mine today too! Do you think they'll take blood from me again as had bloods with my 1st preg in march? X

How come you get dating scan at 8 weeks and I got to wait till 12?

I didn't have a cycle between miscarriage and falling pregnant this time. So they want to date it so I have the 12 week scan at the correct time. I tested 28 days after miscarriage, so pretty sure I'm the same as if I had a period.

When I had my 8week appointment the midwife used Doppler to see if she could find a heartbeat but I had a big bump already is it was more to see If I could be further along x

As if I wasn't annoyed about the booking appointment anyway/ I had a student midwife- ago asked everything but kept getting tongue tied, couldn't explain professionally etc - then failed twice to get blood- qualified midwife tried on other arm and failed so now I look like I've been butchered and have to go to have bloods taken after scan- which means I have to take half a day off again- as my employer doesn't know and I won't tell them till Monday after scan!

Between them i got the impression they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery!
Doh

I filled in most of the info on my notes already so that's a chunk done.

Jojo you got your green book before your booking in appointment? X

Yeah. I got it at the midwife information session the Monday after I found out. They said if we filled in all our info and history that would limit the questions we needed to be asked

I found out in 27th and by 1st I'd seen a midwife. They also have daily morning drop ins to see a mw whenever you're worried at the community centre and give you their direct numbers for contact.

I have mine next Wednesday. Mine was also being a bit of a pain. At first they said I could only come in at 11am on a Tuesday and I was like err I work part time that's the only day I work 3hrs 45mins and for me to leave midway for an appointment looks really bad! As in why couldn't I make it later on.. I feel guilty about only working those many hours anyway. So luckily they found an appointment on the Wednesday at 1.30.. hmm

I was told to come in and pick up a leaflet first?! anyone know what this means? I haven't done it yet as I have a reassurance scan tomorrow and what to make sure everything is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back