Early scan tomorrow morning :/

coco_cukoo

Reaction score
Hi all, I was meant to have my booking in appt tomorrow but I have bled slightly twice now so the docs have arranged for an early scan at hosp tomorrow morning. They told me to eat a light breakfast & take an overnight bag just in case. Is that normal? Really nervous now. Won't have my booking in appt until 13th jan now which according to the docs makes me about 12 weeks! Grrr the docs receptionists are so rude as well, doesn't make me feel any better!! Will they be able to tell me how far along I am at the scan if it's an early one? Xx

Hi hon, sorry you've had a shitty experience! GP receptionists seem to be the same the world over! They should be able to tell you how far along you are, even with an early scan. They are probably just being careful. Will be thinking of you.x

I've got mine tomorrow but it's at 6pm and yes should be able to date you! I'm pooing myself about it! I haven't got my booking in app till tues and I'll be possibly nearly 9wks! Good luck hope it all goes well!

Good luck for tomo tinkerbell! Why have you got an early one? Yeah the receptionists put me in a bad mood now!! I just think its bizarre they told me booking in appts need to be between 8-10 weeks but changed it to 11+6! Surely I will need my 12 week scan shortly after the appt then! Flipping women do my head in lol x

I had an early scan at 8 weeks to check Pip was growing in my uterus as opposed to my tubes (I hVe problems with my tubes).

This is a pic of my 8 weeks scan, I didn't know how far along I was and they dated me from this scan xx

Attachments

• phuppimagedh.jpg
    phuppimagedh.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 7
Oh can you still buy pics from early scans? All very new to me! Just hope everything is going to be ok. Have such bad backache today arrgh

I hope everything goes well for you. I must be an exception, as my receptionist was lovely at the GP's x

I started bleeding Xmas day and continued to boxing day followed by some pains so I went to hosp and wanted to get me a scan done but earliest was 10th jan do he's tagged me onto the end of tomorrows session to get it looked at before new year!bleedings stopped but still getting a few pains on and off! Just worried about the whole camera thing!!! Hope yours went well xx

I had an early scan 2 weeks ago, because i had slight bleeding over 2 days. Originally when i went to drs i would have been 8 + 4 when i went for scan, but at the scan got put back to 6 + 5! so yep they can tell, but she said i will still have the official dating scan at 12-13weeks. Most important thing was that they said everything was fine and that a small amount of bleeding is normal. We could see the heartbeat to which was nice. Hope all goes okay
its good that its early morning means you don't have to wait all day worrying :)

Also drink lots before you go that way they will hopefully be able to do it externally!! ;).

Have attached my scan pic!, you can't see much tho.

Attachments

• our little blob 6+4 edit.jpg
    our little blob 6+4 edit.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Hope all goes well, your scan will probably be an internal one as they get better pictures early on and makes the experience alot better. Id defo ask for pictures because they dont offer as its early and some of the sonographers dont give them out even if you ask. Not sure why they asked you t take an overnight bag but just try and relax as much as possible xxx

Thanks everyone, will update tomorrow hopefully with a picture too. Doc thinks I'm 10 weeks so we shall see. I've been so nervous today but it's good to hear people have been in the same boat, I'm convinced I'm going to have an mmc or something!! X

Best of luck for tomorrow! Will keep my FX for u! Xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Hoping all is ok.x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member