Booking Appt Tomorrow

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Roxi21, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Roxi21

Roxi21 Active Member

Well it's my booking appt tomorrow which makes me 8 weeks...!! I don't know what to expect..!! Im excited but nervous as it's a step closer to my scan!xx

2. mrssmith2011

mrssmith2011 Well-Known Member

When I had mine the midwife went through our family history etc and took some blood from me. Appointment took about an hour and a half. It is an exciting feeling. I got my scan date quickly after my first appointment xx

3. Roxi21

Roxi21 Active Member

Im thinking as soon as i get past the first milestone everything will flow quicker..! i just want a scan so i know everything is ok! Did the mw use a doppler to check for a hearbeat at the appt??x

4. Toria111

Toria111 Well-Known Member

I've got dating scan tomorrow then booking appt on Friday. Lots of little things to look forward too :) other than the blood taking!

5. Jojo84

Jojo84 Well-Known Member

How come you get dating scan at 8 weeks and I got to wait till 12?

6. Mummy2toddler

Mummy2toddler Well-Known Member

Midwife won't check for heartbeat until your 16 week appointment 8 weeks is very early to find babies HB. They take your bloods ask your family history um if you've got any children how the labour went ( mine did anyway). Weigh you. And they might give you your scan date too! My area you get your scan date at your appointment but I know some you have to wait for a letter through the post x

7. Mummybexee

Mummybexee Well-Known Member

I'm not excited about my booking appointment at all- if anything it's abit of a pain- essential but a pain- for memory it's just 101 questions

I've got to make an excuse to get out of work today to go to mine- as she only does Wednesdays- the worst day for me of the week!

Moan over lol :(

8. lozzalozza

lozzalozza Well-Known Member

I've got mine today too! Do you think they'll take blood from me again as had bloods with my 1st preg in march? X

9. Toria111

Toria111 Well-Known Member

I didn't have a cycle between miscarriage and falling pregnant this time. So they want to date it so I have the 12 week scan at the correct time. I tested 28 days after miscarriage, so pretty sure I'm the same as if I had a period.

10. Jojo84

Jojo84 Well-Known Member

Ah ok makes sense

11. Zoe S

Zoe S Well-Known Member

When I had my 8week appointment the midwife used Doppler to see if she could find a heartbeat but I had a big bump already is it was more to see If I could be further along x

12. Mummybexee

As if I wasn't annoyed about the booking appointment anyway/ I had a student midwife- ago asked everything but kept getting tongue tied, couldn't explain professionally etc - then failed twice to get blood- qualified midwife tried on other arm and failed so now I look like I've been butchered and have to go to have bloods taken after scan- which means I have to take half a day off again- as my employer doesn't know and I won't tell them till Monday after scan!

Between them i got the impression they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery!
    Doh

13. Jojo84

Jojo84 Well-Known Member

I filled in most of the info on my notes already so that's a chunk done.

14. Mummybexee

Jojo you got your green book before your booking in appointment? X

15. Jojo84

Jojo84 Well-Known Member

Yeah. I got it at the midwife information session the Monday after I found out. They said if we filled in all our info and history that would limit the questions we needed to be asked

16. Mummybexee

I want your midwife process!

17. Jojo84

Jojo84 Well-Known Member

I found out in 27th and by 1st I'd seen a midwife. They also have daily morning drop ins to see a mw whenever you're worried at the community centre and give you their direct numbers for contact.

18. Mummybexee

That's really good :). Your lucky

19. Suze012

Suze012 Well-Known Member

I have mine next Wednesday. Mine was also being a bit of a pain. At first they said I could only come in at 11am on a Tuesday and I was like err I work part time that's the only day I work 3hrs 45mins and for me to leave midway for an appointment looks really bad! As in why couldn't I make it later on.. I feel guilty about only working those many hours anyway. So luckily they found an appointment on the Wednesday at 1.30.. hmm

I was told to come in and pick up a leaflet first?! anyone know what this means? I haven't done it yet as I have a reassurance scan tomorrow and what to make sure everything is fine.

20. flowers2014

flowers2014 Active Member

Do people normally take their OHs with them to the appointment?