first mw appt tomorrow......confused

Squeakz

Reaction score
so as I posted a while back apparently my 12 week scan and booking in appt arr on the same day at my maternity unit at hospital (according to gp).... I got a letter saying its tomorrow approx 8 weeks for a booking in appt. I also got sent my green notes to start filing in ......

its still at my local hospital and due to be 2 hours long........

I'm confused as to 1) why its at the hospital for a booking in appt 2) why its sposed to be so long for a booking in appt when I fill in half theeee notes myself beforehand.... 3) should I still expect a scan?

abby ideas ladies ......

sophie xxxx

Sounds very confusing?! Unless things have changed where you are since last time?

My MW apps last time were in a Sure Start centre at a local school, my booking in app was 10 weeks and we booked the 12wk scan with the MW then. I never had to fill in any notes (mine were white lol) myself either?! All very staight forward.

I'd give your Doc a call of if you already have your MW's number i'd call her to claify whats going on? x

prob too late now...ill havr to wait and see....hmmm v strange.... iv not been to this one before I was in another county with j so might just be the area but qith j it was pretty much as you said...hmmmm x

I had to fill in the begining of the notes, but my booking it (at high speed because she was in an obvious hurry) still took about an hour. She had to ask about every box I'd ticked yes too (unfortunately a lot), ask all about family histories, go through tests and if we need/want them etc, etc

Midwives by me come out to the home because the appointment is so long, but I had a pre-booking for height, weight and BP at a local health centre

Depends on what midwifes you have.
Here it's community midwife so they are at the GP surgery every monday so everything get's done there.

All blood tests and scans get done at Harlow's Princess Alexandrea Hospital.

However if you don't have community midwife in your area then everything will be done at the hospital at the hospitals time slots.

Hope this helps :)

well it was just an 8 week booking in appt. basic history although apparently she didnt read the bits I filled in as she has put a sticker on the front of my notes that says never been a smoker. had bloods, booked my scan and now waiting for mw at gp surgeory at 16 weeks. on consulatant led care cos of previous sec and have tp go to a vbac course......

xz

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back