Body April fool Gag!

shadow

Reaction score
Well I'm still here, and no sign of baby.

I have no idea what is going on. I had a bath at 11am last night, and was still getting painful "contractions" , managed to get about 5hrs kip without waking too much. Woke at 4.30am to go to the loo, was really painful when I went, and then nothing. i lay awake in bed for 2hrs and had a slight twinge, like the faintest period pain, and then nothing; nadda, nought, zip, zil, zero. NOTHING!

What the hell is going on?! :wall:

Baby is moving as normal, and i've had a little twinge since sitting here at the computer desk, but nothing like yest. False labour or what. My body is having a right ol giggle at me I tell you.

I even went to Tesco last night to buy a waterproof matress protector incase my waters went. And now I feel almost normal again!! :doh:

(BTW waterproof matress protections- how romantoc are they- NOT!! :wink: )

Well i've been online trying to find out the difference between latent labour and false labour, an typically how long it lasts......I wish I hadn't.

If this is false labour then it can last upto 2 weeks befroe the baby is born. OMG :x :x And even if it is the latent stage of labour, that can last days. God I hate this! i was convinced it was all going to kick off yesterday, I had loads to do (ironing, cleaning, shopping) but did nothing, and now its all here waiting for me today. :( I really want to go food shopping, but dont feel up to driving, and the only online delivery slot is for 8pm tonight; well because i dont know whats going on, then I dont want to plan anything. AARRRGGGHHH, this is very very frustrating. :evil: :evil:

:hug:

Sounds like your baby is up to mischief to me.

I am feeling much the same at the moment, frustrated, want it over with - or at least to know when it will bloody happen! And thats without my baby teasing me.

I haven't even had the slightest twinge yet - in fact, I feel more normal now than i have done in 6 months! Its very bizarre.

I will keep my fingers crossed that things start to move for you soon...

:hug: :hug: :hug: It must be so annoying when the contractions start, and then stop.
I hope labour kicks off properly for you soon :hug: :hug:

This was how I was last week :hug:

Chin up hunni and hope it all kicks off for you properly soon :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hope things pick up again soon for you :hug:

Aw I thought that was it for u too, i thought u may have been in labour today!!!
Funny about the online shopping as we have ours coming tonight...thing is i live opposite a big Morrisons, i just can't be arsed to walk!!!
Hope u feel better (or worse :D if u know what i mean :wink: ) soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

Am now convinced it was definately false labour:

What is false labor?
Signs of false labor include:

Contractions are irregular and unpredictable (for example, in intervals of ten minutes, six minutes, two minutes, eight minutes, etc.)

No progression is seen over time

Contractions are felt as a generalized abdominal tightening

Change in activity or position causes contractions to slow down or stop

There is usually no bloody show

Membranes will not rupture

False Labor vs. True Labor:
How frequent are your contractions? Record your contractions using a watch or clock, jotting down the time the first one begins and the next one begins. True labor develops into a regular pattern, with contractions growing closer together. In false labor they remain irregular.

How long does each one last? Record how long each contraction lasts by jotting down when it begins and when it stops. True contractions last more than 30 seconds at the onset and get progressively longer, up to 60 seconds. False labor contractions vary in length and intensity.

Do the contractions continue with change in activity? The contractions in true labor continue regardless of activity and even grow stronger with increased activity such as walking. False labor contractions often stop regardless of activity.

Where do you feel the contractions? In true labor the pain tends to begin high in your abdomen, radiating throughout your entire abdomen and lower back, or visa versa. In false labor the contractions are often concentrated in the lower abdomen and groin.

Never mind eh, from what I've read, false labour means that labour is on its way, although you can experienc e false labour up to 2 weeks before hand!! :doh:

Two more weeks of painful cramping- WOOHOO! :wink:

Hope things get going soon for you.

I want to buy a waterproof sheet cause im really paranoid my waters will break whilst in bed and make a mess of the mattress but hubby's not having any of it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back