body not needing sleep?

Kimbo

Reaction score
i cannot sleep anymore.
no matter what i do... if i lie on one side then i can stay like that for about 15 minutes then i need to turn over again onto the other side... and the hip/leg pain while doing this is AWFUL! (nothing compared to labour i know, but it's still bad! lol )

it started getting unbearable 3 nights ago, so for the last 3 nights i've had zero sleep. i've tried sleeping sat up, sat on my nursing chair, and my bed looking like a pillow factory, but it still wont let me get even half an hour nap.

but yesterday i walked all around town christmas shopping, went to college and work on thursday night, so i thought it would tire me out so much that i'd just sleep.

but nothing :wall:
usually when i haven't slept, i get a banging headache, but i haven't slept at all in 3 nights and i don't feel any different.
i've no headaches, i've still got plenty of energy so why is my body not registering that it needs to sleep???

i'm ok with not having any sleep because i feel fine, it's just surely my body needs it??

i think its normal because i am exactly the same, i am tossing and turning all night and eventually get up after 3 or 4 hours but dont even feel tired, maybe its our bodies getting us ready for the years of sleepless nights awaiting us :D

really dunno how you guys manage.. im a monster with no sleep.. i did suffor more with my hips n that with charlotte.. i would be crying turning over in bed.. and found that id need to go bk to bed in the afternoon coz id have crappy nights sleep otherwise.. but this time ive had about 5 nights all together where ive woken up in early hrs and not been able to go back to sleep..

im the same, ive not had any sleep for the past 3 nights and ive just been bein sick all the time i think its coz im so tired, my head has been killin!
i just want some sleep :(

I've been getting little to no sleep during the night... last night was probably the worst... between heartburn, hip pain, pelvic pain, numbness and peeing... I might as well give up now... On the up side, at least when the baby comes along, waking up several times in the night to feed the baby won't seem so much like a mammoth task :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

just makes u wonder how you're not collapsing with being awake 3 days straight :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

im tired now but i know as soon as i get in bed i'll be back up again :wall:

just got back from a break away with OH and could not sleep on the bed in our hotel - tossed and turned all night and to no avail... BUT i bought a lilo at a shop and OMG it was bliss!!!! i still didn't find that i needed much sleep, but for comfort and rest during the day (albeit in the sunshine) it was BLISS...! loads better than my bolster pillows...

i'm pretty sure its just our body's way of preparing us for lots of sleepless nights to come... :shock: :D

purple13 said:
just got back from a break away with OH and could not sleep on the bed in our hotel - tossed and turned all night and to no avail... BUT i bought a lilo at a shop and OMG it was bliss!!!! i still didn't find that i needed much sleep, but for comfort and rest during the day (albeit in the sunshine) it was BLISS...! loads better than my bolster pillows...

i'm pretty sure its just our body's way of preparing us for lots of sleepless nights to come... :shock: :D

u clever thing!!!
ive just ordered one off ebay for £2.99!! :cheer:

Kimbo said:
u clever thing!!!
ive just ordered one off ebay for £2.99!! :cheer:

hope you enjoy - i'm gonna order another one cos i had to leave mine behind when it wouldn't fit in my suitcase... :cheer:

sleep? whats that?! :rotfl:

yesterday I was laying the flooring in our dining room/kitchen with my mum and we started at 10am and finished at 8pm (17 square metres of laminate!) and I was totally knackered...still didn't sleep last night though :cry:

I feel like I'm functioning on autopilot...somedays I have no idea how I get through the day I'm so tired and as soon as I get home from work I'm wide awake again! 4 more days left then I can kip during the day :cheer: :cheer:

i need my sleep and i've become really grumpy as i'm not getting enough! the bags under my eyes are terrible :(

you know whats weird though...I've never had such a small amount of sleep in my life and yet I look much better! :shock: :oops:

My skin is better...I have no bags under my eyes anymore...maybe I was sleeping too much before :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back