Blood Tests in pregnancy & who is getting the downs test?

xshauna_bazx

Reaction score
How often do you get them? i got some at 7 weeks was going to ask me to come back at 12 but i wanted them over and done with so she done them then. when will i have my next ones?

Also who is getting a downs test? i dont think ill bother because if the numbers are high ill only worry myself and i would still love the child anyways. xxx

dont mention the blood tests i go for my first appointment on friday and if i can wiggle out of it i will lol

wont be haing the downs test either shauna doesnt make one bit of difference to me x

im the same get all the test done apart from the downs test i simply figure if my child has DS I would not terminate and know i would love and cope as i already have 1 child with special needs so i figured as i wouldnt do nothing about it i may aswel save the nhs money by not having them done

Because of my age (almost 30) my risk of Downs shoots up so i'm going to have the test, just so we can prepare ourselves should anything be 'wrong' with our Bubba. I wouldn't love him/her any less. :)

xxx

I had bloods taken at 11 weeks, next lot will be 28 weeks, remember if you have the nuchal scan and bloods it doesn't only test for Down's

Last edited:
im having the nuchal scan just not the bloods for DS i had all the tests done on my ds and they come back clear as some things cant be picked up and i cope with him just fine so i dont mind not knowing for now :)

my fella wanted me to have the downs test but i refused because it wouldnt matter to me either way - he has a sister with severe learning difficulties so he knows how much something like that can affect a family but theres just no way i could ever love this baby less! x

I had the nuchal and bloods screening for Downs but I'm older (31) so my risk was higher. Once it was done, finding out everything looks fine and i'm really low risk was one less thing to worry about for us.

Thanks for your opinions :) what else does the bloods test for? xxx

Last edited:
It trests for Edwards syndrome and Patau's syndrome, both a lot more serious than Down's. The nuchal scan can also give an indicator of heart problems as well

my son had global delay ADHD and possible slight autism but wont know for sure till next summer :( but none of these can be detected from pregnancy or even at birth we didnt find out for sure of his disbilitys from about 1 year upwards (even though i knew something wasnt right much earlier on) and that was only because he stopped breathing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back