Blood Results

Butterflykisses

Reaction score
Doctor told me today that my progesterone levels are 1.2 less that what they should be given when in cycle they were taken. He said that it was nothing major to worry about but could still be reason I haven't fallen pregnant again.

I have fairly regular cycles and normal LP. I had smiley faces on digi OPK on days 12 and 13 this current cycle and got bloods done on day 21. I thought getting smiley faces would have meant I OV ok.

What can be done to raise progesterone levels?

Any views or advice please :)

Sorry to hear this hun :hug:

I'm not sure what the options are, but I'm nearly sure you can get it injected but that might only be in pg to hold onto a a pg??

Not too sure hun, did your GP suggest anything? you can get progesterone in suppositories and cream (although i think this is used for menopause)

maybe it was just a wee bit low this cycle, are you having it done again next cycle?

It may be that you didnt ovulate this cycle, so women skip cycles occasionally.

Just had a quick google on how to increase progesterone naturally:

Vitamin B6

Eat plenty of organic dark green leafy vegetables, almonds, eggs, meat, black strap molasses, seeds, nuts and beans. They are all good sources of B vitamins and magnesium.

Other key nutrient in progesterone production is magnesium

Eat a serve of good quality organic protein, the size of you palm 3 times a day. Hormones are made of protein so you want to make sure you are getting plenty in your diet.

Wasn't speaking to the doctor who ordered the tests and she was finished for the day. Was advised to phone back tomorrow and ask to speak to her for her decision. Gonna phone up and TRY to get an appointment although appointments in our health centre are so hard to come by. But I still think I want to go to surgery rather than speak over the phone.

I got an appointment this morning with the doctor who originally ordered my 21 day bloods to be done. She said that my levels are fine. :dance: She has referred me to hospital for tests and in meantime DH is to get wee swimmers tested. There is a long waiting list in hospital but better to be on it now and get process started. She then just told me that we should continue with :bd: as normal and never know we might get BFP before we even get to hospital stage :pray::pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back