Bleeding

xxbeckyxx

Reaction score
I know this has probably been asked a billion times, but when did all of you stop bleeding after the birth? I'm bleeding really heavily and (tmi!) sometimes getting big stringy clots and lumpy bits. Midwife says this is normal but I'm finding it one of the hardest things to deal with, I can't just get up from sitting down without worrying I've bled through my clothes and I'm having to change my pad at least every hour.
I know everyone is different but just wanted to get an idea of the 'average' time it will take to settle, even just to normal period style bleeding, could cope with that!

I stopped after 2 weeks with Lacey and 3 weeks with charley!
I know what you mean about thinking you've bled through your clothes! I didn't bleed heavy with charley but I passed a huge clot and it felt awful!

It took about a week to lighten off a bit then approx 2-3 weeks to stop with all my kids xx

my bleeding stopped after 2 ish weeks but im still having lots of watery discharge x

i had really bad bleeding for about 10 days, then like normal period for about a week, then it stopped after 18days.. then if i do too much now im still gettin a slightly browny / yellowy (sorry tmi) discharge....

good luck hun,

xxx

i know what you mean, i have just had my last child ( number 4!!) and my bleeding eased off well in the first few days but now have started bleeding again and its not heavy but cos i havent experienced it for months i now freak out every time i go to the loo and wipe or if i can feel blood coming out, or if i move my bowels the blood is more after that too (tmi sorry) its now been 12 days since the birth of our son and still i am freaking out about having a secondary pph even though what i am passing is no more than the normal period amount.... does anybody else get anxious in this way? its ruining xmas for me cos its all i can think about n cant concentrate on bondng with little one and my lovely family... just keep thinking i am going to haemmorage and not going to be able to do anything to stop it.... i am freaking out and really just cant rationalise this thought pattern at all...HELP!! reassurance needed big time! sorry if peeps find this tmi but i wanted to be as honest as i could in the hope someone may feel the same so i know its all normal!

I had bled for 2 weeks after alfie, then at 6 weeks check i got the 3months contraceptive jab, and started bleeding at 7 weeks, reali heavy and I havent stopped. I had the implant put in on monday and it has now eased off a bit!! :eek:( not nice tho xxx

I bleed for 6 weeks after my first to be honest, everyones diffrent ant they nothing to worrie bout unless you get really big ass clots x

thanks hunny, i am not even passing alot of blood and no clots but i just freak out when i can feel it and see it cos i have convinced myself it is just going to gush and not stop, its hard to be rational sometimes and i get more anxious about it when i am tired, i think its the fact i have not had a proper period for almost 2 years and thats why it freaks me out to see blood like that! thanks for your reassurance though LouLou1986 much appreciated and i feel calmer just being able to talk to other mums who may know what i am going through xx

I had that feeling when I had my coil, but wasn't just a feeling I leaked every where well shamefull :/ but it shud slow down huni!!

thanks guys, i am so glad i came across this forum, u r all so nice and honest xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back