Bleeding / EPU wont see me - Arrrghhh!!

CARNAT22

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've had a little bit of bleeding (well more like spotting I guess) last night and a teeny bit more this morning. It's barely noticeable but it is there

No pain but of course I am crapping myself.

I have just spoken to EPU who went through everything with me and advised me to NOT to come in - wtf??? I must add that she said they will see me next week when they can normally see something in an early scan..

Woman I spoke to confirmed the following with me:
1) Spotting around time period would have been due is very normal
2) Very early pregancy will not be detected with an internal scan
3) As there is no pain and bleeding is very minimal (and old blood) they may not even see me as a 'walk in' as I am not an emergency.

I know point 2 to be true as with previous M/C I went in early (5w 5d) and they couldn't see anything other than the sac? I had to go back twice after that (6w 5d and 8w 5d). Even at 6w 5d they could not see fetus?

I am tempted to call another EPU in my area or just turn up?

Honest opinions please - should I just calm down, give it a few days and then go in next week when they are more likely to be able to see something?

Or should I demand to be seen today?

I know spotting is normal but my previous M/C started off this way too.... (I did mention this to woman at EPU but she said that no two M/C's are the same so this is most likely just spotting)

I frigging knew something like this would happen, I am trying not to worry but honestly.

Last edited:
I think at the end of the day if theres no pain and bleeding is minimal like she said that you should maybe just sit tight and wait...as all they would do anyway if they cant see on the scan is quantative bood tests 48hrs apart.

I know it's hard hun, Ive been there butr I think you should just try and relax and see what happens..

How far gone are you ?? xxx

I'm thinking you should just wait and see what happens, if the bleeding is only light and you don't have any pain then try and relax. I understand exactly where you coming from, I've been there hun. take care xx

Aw hun. Sorry to hear this.

I had bleeding at 6 weeks and they wouldn't see me at the EPU until 7-8 weeks either. I know it seems cruel. But at this stage even if you went in and had a scan they would not be able to give you any reassurance that everything is ok. As you know from previous experience, seeing a sac on the screen is not a definite indicator of a viable pregnancy. They are making you wait so they can give you a conclusive answer.

Please try and not worry. I know it's hard but it will not do you any good and will eat you up.

I hope everything is ok xx

I think at the end of the day if theres no pain and bleeding is minimal like she said that you should maybe just sit tight and wait...as all they would do anyway if they cant see on the scan is quantative bood tests 48hrs apart.

I know it's hard hun, Ive been there butr I think you should just try and relax and see what happens..

How far gone are you ?? xxx

Only found out on Monday, just over 5 weeks (5w 2d). So we've only known for 4 days.

Oddly they never gave me any blood tests last time round - they scanned me at 5w 5d and could see the sac but could not tell me one way or another so it was a threatened M/C, they scanned me a 6w 5d and they could see the yolk but no fetus so was still theatened M/C, they scanned me again at 8w 5d and M/C had occured by then.

Last time I started bleeding 5 days after finding out :(

My head knows that realisitically there is nothing that can be done - I am either spotting or will have another M/C.

I just wanted to check if it was OK to wait a few days or if I should be 'demanding' medical attention..

I'd wait hun. I found that going in and not being reassured because it was too early, made things worse and made me worry even more. It is very early to be able to see anything on a scan. I hope everything is ok for you xx

Thanks everyone - you are all so reassuring!

I know that an early M/C is the 'best' outcome of any worst case senario (I hope that doesn't sound too morbid?) and I also know that it may not come to that. Stressing, worrying and being upset is not going to help me whatever happens so I am going to make a cuppa, get on with some work and look forward to a relaxing few days.

OH can pamper me this weekend me thinks!

Once again thanks y'all

xxxxxxxx

at that gestation there is nothing they can do, nothing they can see on a scan and nothing they could do to prevent an mc so thats why they want you to come in a week or two. as its not major cramping and only light spotting they would probably prefer to just see how it goes for now.

there really is nothing they could do for you either way hun its just too early

I really do feel for you as I know how stressful 'the wait' is. Spotting is perfectly normal hun I'd only worry if there was lots and it was fresh and you had pain. Wish you the best of luck, let us know how you get on xxxx

Rest as much as you can hun. Good luck xxxxxxxxxxxx

really hope everthing goes well for you!
just wanted to ask when AF was due? I had implantation bleeding with my last pregnancy but it wasn't until a few days after AF would have appeared so maybe you could be having something similar?
xxx

really hope everthing goes well for you!
just wanted to ask when AF was due? I had implantation bleeding with my last pregnancy but it wasn't until a few days after AF would have appeared so maybe you could be having something similar?
xxx

I would have been due on 17th Sept, took a test on 19th and using the date calculator thingy I was 5 weeks on Wed's.

So yep my period would have been due 5/6 days ago.

I feel fine - I did have a stitch like pain yesterday when I walked home but other than that nowt. (no pregnancy signs either though I hasten to add !!)
We'll see hey?

I have decided not to drive myself nuts.. unless the situation changes I will wait it out for a bit until EPU will be able to scan me (which is usually 7 weeks I was told today)

xxxxxxx

Hi hun, hope ur ok. Just to let u know i didnt have any symptoms ov being preg until 8 weeks when they hit me like a ton of bricks, previous to that i only had sore bb. Any bleeding is worrying, i know, ive been there. I hope u are ok, but if the bleeding gets worse over the weekend go to a&e. xxx

Really hope everyhing is ok i know too how awful the wait is.
But there really is no point stressing out as everything could be just fine, stree def wont help the situation.
Again really hope all is ok. xx

With my last mc I just went to go and they did my bloods 2 days apart! couldn't face epu! So if u het no joy go to gp on Monday unless bleeding gets worse or u start cramping!

Spotting is common in early pregnancy tho so is probably nothing to worry about

Hi hun, any more bleeding today? How you feeling. Hope that its stopped and you are sat with your feet in your OH hands getting them massaged whilst he has lunch cooking and a bath running.

keep strong xxxx

Try not to panic too much, ive had spotting with pains and the EPU (although being brill) the visits have not been that reassuring as my own personal experience is that early scans (i had my 1st at around 6w LMP and they only saw a tiny sac) can cause more worry than is needed. They probs wont see you yet as they say for the first 2 weeks of a pregnancy your not 'pregnant' (it does get rather confusing) so you could of ovulated late and it could be implantation bleeding so if your 5 weeks from your LMP you could only 2 - 3 weeks pregnant. Im 9w 2d from my LMP but baby is measuring at around 6.5 weeks just to give you an idea of what im trying to explain badly. If there is no pain try not to worry but at the end of the day i think if you need reassurance thats what you pay your NI for! Hope your ok...
x

Not good news ladies,

I had M/c in early hours of Sunday morning.

I feel so bloody stupid for even mentioning it so early (even virtually - luckily we'd not told a soul)

Thanks anyway and I wish everyone else a safe and happy pregnancy

xxxxxxxxx

So sorry hun, keep ur chin up u will be back here before u know it xxx

Hey carnat. Sorry to hear your news, mine didnt go so well either. My baby has stopped growing and have to wait to m/c so I know how it feels. My thoughts are with you at this sad time. We will both get through it and come out the other end stronger. Hope your ok or as much as you can be. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back