2 scans in 4 days nearly 2 weeks baby growth?

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Sproglett, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Sproglett

Sproglett Well-Known Member

I'm experiencing my 4th pregnancy and hoping this one will lead to my first baby (my previous 3 are angel babies, 1 missed m/c 11w, 1 ectopic 9w and 1 m/c 5w). Due to my history i was sent for a scan last thursday to ensure baby was growing in the correct place; my husband and i were amazed to see our babies heartbeat (baby is 6w 5d) ... any on friday i had some bleeding, so spoke to the m/w and dr and was referred for another scan yesterday (Monday) and happy to say babies heartbeat is still strong, but this time baby measured at 8w 2d, so i think I'm on my way to giving birth to a 20lb baby lol. has anyone else experienced this? what date do i go by? my LMP was 29/11/12 so midwife worked me out to be 9w today but my cycle is not at all regular due to my angel babies.

#1 Sproglett, Jan 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  2. kanga86

kanga86 Well-Known Member

Early scans can be unreliable which is why they usually date from 12 weeks. It is possible that baby was just a bit curled up on ur first scan, making them seem smaller. I had a scan at 6+5 but measured 7+1, then one at 11+1 using the new due date and was spot on still. Then at 12+4 I measured 13 weeks, so a total of 6 days different in my due date. But I know when I ov'ed as I was using opks, but somehow baby is just measuring big :)

I would just go with the flow until u get to ur 12 week scan as this is the date u will stick with xx

3. Loula

Loula Well-Known Member

id be inclined to stick with 8 weeks and then wait and see what happens at the dating scan x

4. vixxie77

vixxie77 Well-Known Member

I agree with the other ladies hun, would wait and see what 12 week scan says. Do you have another scan booked? x x

5. Sproglett

Hey thanks for your replies, my 12 week scan is not booked yet but have had my booking in appointment so i'm just awaiting the letter through the post, the only thing is my booking in was done thursday after my scan showing 6w5d so that might delay my 12 week scan, oopsy lol, hopefully not though. Will keep you all updated though :)

6. Sproglett

Yay got my scan date 1/3/12

7. mishi

mishi Well-Known Member

Yay! Fx for you.xx

8. Sproglett

9. Jayjay027

Jayjay027 Well-Known Member

That's great!! Good luck for ur scan! X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk