epu called early scan booked!!

Constantstar

Reaction score
Due to mc in april my docs have referred me to the epu for an appoint so I waas given a scan for tommo but its INTERNAL I have such a big issue- we r not even having sex! I'm so scared of it causing bleeding! They won't do an exteral scan until after 10 weeks. I'm approx 10 weeks next friday so they have booked me in fri 10th morning. I feel why jinx myself for wanting to see my lo! So 10 week scan next fri ( external but internal if they can't see clearly) am I being silly?? X

I had to have an emergency scan last friday due to waking up with bleeding and pains, cus I am only7 weeks now I had to have an internal scan.
It was fine, feels a bit funny when they are moving it around inside but was no problem at all.
Didnt cause any bleeding or anything like that, and it was worth it to be able to check on little bean :)

They are safe hun! Ive been having sex too and i havent even had any spotting. You will be fine! xxx

Ooo what happens in an internal? I'm so clueless, I have an emergency scan tomoro morning, what if they can't see the baby, will they do an internal?

they said they do internals under 10 weeks> I had one before. just scared it will disturb stuff!! only less than 2 weeks to wait tho :)

Dont worry about internals - I had an external one at my 12 week, to be told they couldnt get the right measurements for the downs test, so they asked if they could do an internal! I wasnt expecting it, and the 'instrument' they use, looks a bit scary, lol! But I couldnt really feel it that much, much better than a smear test.
All of that, and they still coudlnt get it, coz little one was moving around so much, so had to go back anyway, but dont worry - I have bled after a smear before, but all was fine after this one!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back