Birthing ball

buggy1

Reaction score
Is it possible to bounce on a ball too early? Is it something you should do to help baby move down for labour and therefore not a good idea before 37 weeks?

just wondering!

I've been bouncing on mine for agessss, probably since 28 weeks or similar.

Baby isn't here yet haha.

But I don't know the official advice sorry x

I think its fine to bounce on it whenever - I'm planning to get one today as my baby is currently breech and apparently it can help them turn, its also good for posture and pregnancy aches and pains etc x

I've used mine for aaaaages! Because of pgp/spd. Think it fine :) xx

Tapatalking. X

Yeah ive been kinda using it for my pgp advise by my physio. But only recently started boucing the hell outta it for try and get him out lol xx

Aslong as you don't over do it, it's great for more than just bouncing. All the rolling movements and stuff are good and just sitting on it when it gets to a point it hurts sitting even on a sofa lol I'm usually perched on mine in front of tv!

Yeah as the girls say you can bounce on it anytime. I've been using mine since about 27 weeks. It really helps with my lower back as it's so good for your posture. So go for it!

Thanks for all the replies :) Thought I had better double check hehe x

Don't bounce too hard but I was using one pre-pregnancy for core exercises and balance for my sciatica. It is great for optimal fetal positioning and PGP.

Last edited:
hope its ok i am 32 weeks and its now in the lounge i am so stiff and sore on sofa so i sit on ball to watch tv seems to keep things moving and un stiff,

I was told at antenatal class that pregnant women shood get a ball and from 34 weeks onwards sit on it and roll on it side to side fprwatds and backwards to help ur pelvis for labour....it slso helps me with my spd and slipped discs

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back