Birthday today - I just can't smile!

So_hopeful81

Reaction score
Hi girls!
I feel horrible today! It's my birthday- and I just feel miserable. I would have been far happier on my own, away from my daughter and my fiancé! I feel such a bitch!

I was already grumpy as I had to keep reminding him about my birthday as he is sooo busy at work right now. He still only managed to think about my gift and so I know he has an idea of what to buy me, and it's in the process of being made (a frame to keep some of my special ornaments) but its not done. So I woke up To no gift.

I asked him to take today off work, but he has continued to get phonecalls all day. He is the director of a small business. They have a huge project on at the moment, and he says he can't stop taking calls, because the project is too important. I do get that - but I guess I just don't feel very important at the moment!

The problem is, I feel seriously ungrateful! I know he works really hard to try to make sure I don't have to. He wants to relieve all of my pressure- so I should by rights be totally grateful to him. I'm sure it's hormones but I actually just feel really sad today.

My 4 year old is also being a little bit of a monkey right now. Thankfully my mum has just taken her to the hairdressers and then has said she and my dad will have her for a few hours, so I have come to bed to take a rest from her naughtiness and from my OHs constant phonecalls!

Someone PLEASE kick me up the backside and tell me to get a grip!!!!! I obviously need it!!! Xxx

Aw hun, I'm sorry you are having a rubbish day. I've had a lot a days like this! Happy birthday.. I hope you feel better soon xx

aww, happy birthday hun :) its hormones, they are evil i tell you!!, i hope you can have a nice evening tonight when hubby gets home? xx

Thanks girls!
Nurse - he begrudgingly took the day off. I went out for an hour this morning and he worked while I was out. We met my mum and Dad for lunch and he took calls during. We came home for cake and he took calls. When mum and dad left with my 4 year old, I came upstairs to bed, and he went into the office in our house and continued to take calls and work.

I am currently laying in be on my own and he is at the bottom of the hallway emailing and working away. I wish he hadn't taken the day of now - because actually he has worked most of it an made me feel so unimportant! I can't wait for today to be over and done! Xxx

:cake2: Happy Birthday! and :hugs:

Know exactly how you feel ive felt pretty unimportant all the way through this pregnancy!

No advice just wanted to give you a hug, hope your feeling better now xxxx

aww hun dont feel so bad, once his project is done you can do something special to make up for it. its just 1 day and you know that if it wasnt so important he would be doing everything he could to make you feel how much he loves and appreciates you. after all your having his baby and you say how much he cares. why not go have a nice bath and pamper and get a takeaway for the both of you to make it a no work evening :)

Oh I do feel for you. It's perfectly normal to have birthday blues! I'd feel the same with hubby working all day, if it's his own business then it must be hard for him as every call could mean business and i think a lot of men see their role as the bread winners when we're off work. There's a lot to be said for a job that you leave behind at 5!
I do tend to speak up when something isn't to my liking, not in a angry way and coupled with 'I know it's probably hormone related' but it's how I feel. I hope this evening brings some more joy- happy birthday btw xx

aww happy birthday hun. try not to let it all get you too down today,

hope he pays you more attention this evening when work as quited down xxx

I'm sorry you have a bad day! Those stupid hormones can be mean!!!

Happy birthday - hope you feel better soon!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back