Big baby stress

Sassysugar

Reaction score
Had mw app today, I'm measuring 2 weeks ahead and he hasn't engaged yet, think he is too comfy!! I used to measure a week behind, I've had a couple of growth scans and his head is on the 90th percentile and tummy is above it (gestational diabetes ruled out and have another scan this thursday) Really hope he's ok when he comes out, starting to worry that there's something wrong that's making him big?

Anyone else going through this, I'm not concerned about giving birth to a big baby (probably should be though lol), I'm just worried that something is wrong?

God I wish I could stop stressing. On a side note, if measuring big what are the chances of going early? (kinda hoping I go at the beginning of sept)

I have pretty much always measured 2 weeks ahead and no diabetes. However, at 38 week appointment I was measuring 41-42 so they will check me on Tuesday and if any bigger will send me for growth scan. I too hope that if baby big they may let me go early. Not too happy about idea of induction though but hey, cant have it all ways

Is your hubby big? Plus boys quite often have a bigger head. even if he's on the 90th percentile it's still within normal range it's when they go over. My daughter was on 90th percentile for all the measurements when she was born but she had no problems and is average now. My hubby is 6ft 5 and about 17 stone so if baby takes after him it will have a big head and be a big baby! Oh I've heard big baby's can make labour easier as gravity helps!

Hubby is 6', we were both quite big babies ourselves so wonder if that contributes? Think he was 9lb4 or 9lbs6 and I was 8lbs12.

Like the idea of it helping with gravity, I'm obviously just feeding blump too well and giving him a nice home lol

im 4ft 11, i went to see my consultant the other day because my little one has been 2 or 3cm more everytime ive been measured. my boys where 8lb 1.5oz and 8lb 2oz. he isent concerned about the size, even though i am :( i did mention that i cant drive anymore and stuff but they wernt bothered. he will only see me next bif i go over my due date x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back