measuring bump

Tracey M

Reaction score
I had my 31 week mw appointment yesterday and Im measuring 33 weeks!! Does this mean she had tape measure wrong, Im too fat or baby is gonna be a gruffalo??? I think I measured big with josh too and he was 8lb 11.5 oz

i really wouldn't worry about it! could just be the way the baby's laying! i measured 30cm at 28weeks, 33cm at 31 weeks and 32cm at 34 weeks!!! and had a growth scan on monday and baby is estimated to be 5lb 8oz which is average for 36weeks!!! so i really really wouldn't worry! x

I had midwife today im measuring 35 weeks im kinda freaking out about having a big baby.

From 26 weeks I measured 29.... Until I hit 29 then from there on I'm now 33 weeks and measuring 32.... :lol: They like to have a growth spurt... Get all fat... Then not grow much for a few weeks :) Could be big but over the next few weeks your MW will keep an eye on you :) x

No, think mw say 2cm either way if fine, x x might b lay funny or just had a froth sprut x x

like nadine said im sure the rough guide is 2cm either way, If Mw was concerned she would send you for a scan.. Its all confusing, ive got big bump but small baby...

I'm measuring 33.5 and at my last growth scan the baby was measuring normally. I never had a flat stomach before I got pregnant so I'm putting it down to that! x

Im measuring 2.5 cms bigger too and I look like im going to give birth to Godzooky - infact someone asked at work if I was sure I wasn't having twins hmmmm. I may ask if they can do a growth scan because it may seriously sway if I have an epidural or not!!!

I am measuring 2 cm ahead as well, they said its fine if its 2cm, if it gets more - they are sending you for a growth scan

i really wouldnt worry yourself about it

mw would tell you if they were concerned, plus its not an exact science, every midwife will measure slightly differently etc so part of it can simply be down to the way they measure x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back