Had growth scan yday :)

Mrsyogibear

Reaction score
So it's been confirmed (for the third time) :blue: :)

Had a scan yesterday @ 33weeks due to measuring bigger.
went well saw baby's rather big little man :lol:
he is still breech (has been since 16weeks)
and songographer said he is pretty cramped in there and is normal weight but higher scale of normal 90th percentile. he was 3lbs 4oz @ 28weeks 4days now at 33weeks he's weighing in at 5lbs 9oz so im happy :)

Im getting really exited hes gona be here soon, 6 weeks time if i have c section @ 39weeks.

Hi,

Im glad you posted this as im having the same issue, im going back at 34 weeks 1st May, my little girl was weighing 3.5lbs at 28 weeks,
i was wondering what the outcome might be if she continues to grow bigger, last week i was measuring 38cm for 31 weeks

did they suggest a section to you ?

Thanks xxx

My baby put on lots of weight quite quickly and he was 7lbs at 34+3wks but this week i had my last scan at 37+3wks and hes 7.5lbs so he has slowed down but still just on the top line, im being induced on my due date which is the 7th May. Unless my bp keeps playing up because its been all over the place.

Hi,

Im glad you posted this as im having the same issue, im going back at 34 weeks 1st May, my little girl was weighing 3.5lbs at 28 weeks,
i was wondering what the outcome might be if she continues to grow bigger, last week i was measuring 38cm for 31 weeks

did they suggest a section to you ?

Thanks xxx

I had the same at my 32week app measured 38cms which is why i had the growth scan but they said hes normal weight but higher scale and that hes a big baby :)
My last Lo was 9lbs 4oz at 41weeks and they said he would be about the same but if hes born at 39weeks he would weigh a little less so we will see lol.

Yes i would be sectioned at 39weeks if he continues to being breech (which i think he will)
but i gave birth to my last Lo (9lbs 4oz) just fine. x

Last edited:
Thank you, im just a little worried that il be going into labour, all the pain and stress and distress to the baby and end up having an emergency section - im probably worryig too much but i suppose i can only wait and see what happens at the next growth scan, im seeing my consultant after my scan so she might suggest a section if shes a big baby ?

Thanks xxxxx

Thank you, im just a little worried that il be going into labour, all the pain and stress and distress to the baby and end up having an emergency section - im probably worryig too much but i suppose i can only wait and see what happens at the next growth scan, im seeing my consultant after my scan so she might suggest a section if shes a big baby ?

Thanks xxxxx

I don't think they tend to do c sections for big babies unless its abnormally big or you had any previous problems with delivering a big baby.
as far as im aware im not getting any more growth scans, but will prob get one in few weeks to cheak baby's position again. i wouldnt worry about having a c section unless theres a reason its likely you will have one. i am scared but i know its likely i will have one. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back