Big Baby?

Pregnopaws

Reaction score
Had my 33 week appointment and was told baby was measuring big for my dates (although she didn't specify how big). They will do a growth scan at the next app. Had anyone else been told this and then had a big baby? It is my second pregnancy!

I have been told I have a big baby too, some weeks ago when I had a kidney infection they also discvered I had polyhydroamnios (excessive liquor) so have been monitored and scanned twice weekly on and off since! at last growth scan 33+2 It was estimated at 6lb!!! That's how big I was when I was born. I don't get it, I am only tiny and o/h is no giant. I have another growth sca nafter xmas but somedays don't feel i'll make it that far with all the pain and discomfort. I'm wondering when or if they will decide it's too big!!!!

I would not worry, it's a good thing surely that your baby is big and thriving! remember also that growth scans are subjective looking at my notes baby has been growing and shrinking over the weeks!

xxxxx

Just thought i would have a nose in 3rd tri!

I have got told that my baby is very long (although that was at the 12 week scan!). They do get the measurements wrong though as they told my SIL my nephew would be about 6lbs - he weighed in at just under 8!

oh dear- I don't want to add some pounds, would rather reduce them! It's funny how things like 'your baby is long' or big or whatever description stays in your imagination until you see them isn't it?

My 3rd baby was measuring about 5-6 weeks ahead from about 32 weeks. I was sent for a growth scan but didn't end up getting one. Consultant just had a good feel and said he was big but there was no need for a scan. Nathan was born weighing 9lb 5oz so not to bad but he wasn't fat he was just really big, big shoulders and head and really wide.

I guess its almost expected, I'm quite big boned and tall at 5'9 and my OH is a tall guy. My first weighed 7/10 oz aswell, so I'll probably not use too many 0-3 month babygros then!

dont all spanish doctors think anything born over 7lb is big tho?

Yer the do Lisa... :rotfl: They think Tia should have been born via c section cos she was 8lb9... They are freaking out with me atm because this one looks like it's gona be around 9lbs... but that just seems normal to me.... :? Also Tia was 56cm long and this one looks like it's going to be around the same length... (my lungs are telling me this too :rotfl: )

I'm not tiny, neither is DH... What do they expect from Northern Europeans :roll:

At 28 weeks I measured 35cms and was refered for a growth scan and GTT (neg). Scan put baby on 75th centile, so not too big.

At 38 weeks I measured 53cms and again was refered for growth scan. Doc didn't do one, just had a good feeland said although it was big. nothing to worry about.

BTW, I was HUGE!

Beautiful son born 12 days ago after 18 hr labour and emergency ceaserean.

He weighed 11lbs, 2.5oz !!!!

Don't want to scare you! This I gather is extemely rare. He was the biggest baby the doctors had ever delivered and was famous throughout the maternity wing as the 5kg baby. Midwives and doctors would come into my room asking to have a look and a cuddle!

Good luck Hun!

Ive been told mine is big too at 34 weeks baby estimated @ 6lbs 3 - I think humans are just getting bigger/taller generally, midwife said to me average now is 8 0r 9 lbs not 6 or 7 anymore

with my third baby i said to the midwife i think she,s big as my first was 8.3 second 8 so i sort of expected a big one, and plus i could hardly move, anyway they sent me for a scan and said noooo she,s not big prob be about 8 again. anyway she ended up being 9lbs and im 5ft size 10. so to me that was big.

BUT good thing about it i was back in my jeans within 2 weeks :D

think this one will be big too as my tummy is huge, but im not going to worry to much as the body is amazing at what it can do, and i dont want a c section

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back