Bfing ladies

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
How do you feed in public?
Do you have an techniques? Do you care? Do you hide away?

I was just googling and stumbled across another forum debating ways of doing this and I was intrigued as to what the PF ladies think/do.

Also I've only fed once in public (and he wasn't there!) as my OH would rather drive a screaming baby home then have me *shock* feed in public! Ive got babies 6 week appt next week so may need to feed when out and I don't want him getting all twitchy lol!

I just sit down somewhere comfy and feed. No one ever seems to look or pay any attention anyway and I'd never let LO go hungry just because we're in a public place lol. My OH feels the same though so its easier for me I suppose :)

You can get special scarves and BFing tops that make it easier. I only did it once with DS but will be with this next LO alot more as it will be warmer so will be getting out n about more with DS instead of stuck indoors.

I'm going to invest in a scarf and also a sling so I can wear her more often than not.

I haven't done it yet, and I don't much fancy it, I'd rather avoid it if possible and take a bottle of expressed milk with me instead. I have some scarves that I take with me just in case he's in a ravenous mood and needs a top-up.

I've done it 3 times now. I'm as discreet as I can be. I wear layers - thin top and cardi with a scarf so can normally hide it. Had to do it in the middle of nandos at the weekend lol! We are going away later today and I'm gonna probably have to do it in the airport and on the plane! O/h was dodgy about it at first but understands that needs must.

I don't see a huge problem with it, in fact I'd be more embarrassed in front if my friends and family tbh! Guess it's more anonymous on public iykwim?

I've done it twice in public but I try and avoid it if I can. I wear a layer up 2 vest tops and a cardi x

I just do it the same in front of family as I do in public. It's only at home that I properly whip them out to feed lol

I think everyone who came to our house has seen my boobs, lol! I just don't care any more, as long as the baby doesn't cry, it's such an unbearable noise :S

I've done it loads, cafes, drs, back of the car in a carpark LOL. It's fine, no one looks I just tuck a muslin under my bra strap on that side and it covers everything. Have used a sling too which is helpful. Hardest part is remembering to do bra up otherwise you wander round with wonky Boobs haha! I have some nursing tops which are great and as others have said, layer up so you don't have to bear your midrif to the world! Have you seen those knitted baby hats which look like Boobs so when you're feeding it looks like a giant bossom! Very amusing! Being relaxed is best as then baby latches on quickly minimising flashing opportunities!

It does get easier, I've been doing it for almost 7 months now, and we're always out and about, town, restaurants, cafes, parks, baby group etc. the first time, I was a bit self conscious, but I thought sod it, he's hungry, it's natural and if people have a problem with it, they have me to answer to!! I just wear vest tops and loose cardigans or jackets, easy to slip the strap down, and nursing bras and Muslins are a godsend. Seriously hun, people take no notice, it's 'the done thing' these days, and the few people that do look always smile.xx

Sent from my sexy iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

I'm still debating the whole breast feeding and formula feeding thing with my husband he says to do what I feel comfy with etc and that I make milk so use it ect and he has also said if I want to ff then he will support that as well......I asked how he felt about me having to feed in public if I bf and he said just get your tits out and feed him that's what you've got to do lol he really doesn't care and is very supportive over my choice, but i wanted to ask pinky were you going to bf or ff or was it random choice if you don't mind me asking xxx

I'm still debating the whole breast feeding and formula feeding thing with my husband he says to do what I feel comfy with etc and that I make milk so use it ect and he has also said if I want to ff then he will support that as well......I asked how he felt about me having to feed in public if I bf and he said just get your tits out and feed him that's what you've got to do lol he really doesn't care and is very supportive over my choice, but i wanted to ask pinky were you going to bf or ff or was it random choice if you don't mind me asking xxx

Before I had the baby??

Hardest part is remembering to do bra up otherwise you wander round with wonky Boobs haha! !

OMG I used to do this all the time lol Sometimes would take me hours to notice. Most times I wouldn't even notice til I started running and I'd wonder why one boob is all wobbly n loose feeling lol Oops!

I always knew that I would BF right from finding out I was pregnant, never imagined I would do a whole year of it, but also never imagined what a hard slog it would be in those first few months. You have to give yourself over to BF 100%!! it's total commitment, but so so worth it.

Which reminds me! I opened the door with my top unbuttoned and my bra on display (luckily boobs were in!) and the postman winked at me, I was mortified!!!!!!!

I opened the door to the postman when lo was 3 weeks old with both boobs hanging out, as I was in the middle of feeding. The worst part was I didn't realise Till I'd closed the door. I can't order anythin online anymore!

The first time I fed in public was hard because I was still new to bf. as you become better at it , you won't even think twice. I always feed in public. I actually like it because I want
Ppl to see breastfeeders! I have a cover from bebe au lait which is awesome, but I'm
So adept now I don't even use it. My top top is to wear a vest top under everything, so you can pull your top
Top up and the top of your vest top down - no skin on
Show anywhere!

I havent fed in public now as we havent been out loads but im not keen on introducing a bottle just yet so there will come a time when I have to do it. I have been practicing at home and I agree that they key is to wear a top with a vest top underneath so one comes down and the other goes up! I have a mama scarf so going to give that a go but he is such a boobie man that once he is on the boob he doesnt normally pull away untill he is done!!
OH is a bit funny about me bf in front of people for example when mil came over he said if I wanted to go upstairs to feed him when neither me or his mum were bothered about it!!
I dont really mind people seeing but I worry about embarrasing people as opposed to me being embarrassed IYKWIM??
xxxx

I always knew that I would bf and that I would make it work for me. It's true that its extremely demanding of your time for the first few months and that it can be painful and challenging in the first weeks but it's also hugely rewarding. I look at my daughter now having seen her climb to percentile line over percentile line, with her healthy round cheeks and her huge Michelin man thighs and I think how amazing it is that I made that all by myself! It's something I'm ridiculously proud of (a feeling that probably helps a lot when I'm out feeding in public lol).

I'm sat in the airport with him feeding at the moment. Found a quiet corner and no one is taking any notice x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back