Sore Breast - Help?

HanSam

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have not been on here since Chloe was born as not found the time after our horrific birth.

Anyways was hoping for some advice / answers from you lovely ladies.

I am suffering with quite a painful breast (not just nipple) and keep getting a funny sensation. It is the least favoured breast but she does feed well from it. I am not sure what to do and googling it a variety of things come up.

Any advice/suggestions as to what it is and what i should do? xxx

I got mastitis when Jax was about 4 weeks old, could it be that? It started off with me feeling crap and fluey one evening, then my breast started to feel really full, firm and bruised. That night my breast got really really painful and the next day it went red and I felt awful, really fluey and terrible. I went straight to the dr, got antibiotics and took paracetamol and ibuprofen.

If it does sound like mastitis, feed as much as you can from that breast, massage it when feeding and in the shower/bath and get yourself to the gp ASAP for antibiotics xxx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Well i don't have any lumps that i can feel and i don't feel fluey at all at the moment. So a bit stumped! x

I guess just massage when feeding and feed as much as you can through it in case it's the start of something?

It could maybe be thrush, you should go to the drs just to get checked out as you might need antibiotics and if it is thrush you will need stuff for lo's mouth to clear it up so you don't keep reinfecting yourself.

Hope you feel better soon.

hansam...do u feel its like tingly around the breast area n a little too in the nipple? like pins popping a balloon?xx

Yes that is what it feels like at the mo. Before it was more of a solid pain if that makes any sense!!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back