Bfing ladies

I have bebe au lait cover too, its ace. I actually find its better cause lo doesnt get as distracted. I fed pretty much everywhere and most people dont notice

I love feeding in public, I feel so proud to be in the tiny minority still bf at 9 months. I didn't think I would feed in public though but once he was born it suddenly seemed so natural. Usually it's pretty discreet but depending on what I'm wearing I sometimes just hold my hand over my boob while Owen decides to pull away and look around while I'm trying to feed.
I have never had any kind of negative reaction, most people don't bat an eyelid. I once fed next to a group of teenage boys and still no reaction!

Sorry for the lateness but yes while you were having Tyler did you know what you were doing feeding wise or was it random when he was born?? Xx

When pregnant I said id have a go and see what happens. I was scared because of all these horror stories of people that 'can't' or the 'pain' etc but I said that no matter what I'd do my best to make sure I at least gave him the collostrum. I was very undecided so I brought all my bottles and stuff and my bf stuff like my pump so I could go either way. I also wondered how I could make a choice on something I've never tried.

I ended up having an emergency section after being in labour for 4 days. I told my OH before going into theatre that I was totally exhausted and would be ffing him which he said was fine by him.

After my section in recovery I was asked how I was feeding and I said ff. I was scowled at and left with a starving baby. Poor Tyler was rooting away wanting food and I just took 1 look at him and just said to my OH I can't leave him and latched him on straight away (on my own with no help!) luckily he's taken to it.

Once I'd started I took it as a challenge and didn't want to deny my boy any of the amazing stuff in my milk. Our first night home my OH let me sleep to catch up and he ff him that night but since then ive pretty much just bf and if I think about giving him a bottle of ff I feel really bad (bloody hormones) so I've totally stuck at it and he's doing really well :)

Sorry for the essay!!

I've just brought a cheap 2nd
Hand poncho to go in the changing bag so if I feel uncomfortable for any reason I can just throw it on if I don't, I don't have to!

No no the essay helps lol I really would like to bf I like you have bought the bottles milk and steriliser as well and I was asked by my sil the other day if I was breast feeding and when I said I wasn't sure she went and spoke to her oh and heard her say oh if she bottle feeds I can take baby out for the day etc!!!!!!!:-0 I don't think so however I feed she will not be taking my baby until I'm ready for a day to my self!!!!! And after hearing her say it it has now made me more determind to bf him!!! I hope that doesn't make me sound selfish though xxx

I have a peekabooboo. Its gorgeous, blue with big white stars, looks like Kath Kids. It lives in my changing bag so i can pull it out when we're out and the baby really likes it, its relaxing under there I think

It's difficult to make a decision before you experience it for yourself, I was determined to BF, then I found out it was horribly painful, I considered formula, then I started expressing, now I both BF and feed him expressed milk.... You just need to adapt to whatever works best for you and baby :hug:

Tbh I've found that hard in a way as I get very jealous of my OHs freedom but on the other hand I wouldn't want to leave him now anyway and as he's a bit older were training him onto bottles (as he previously wouldn't take them) but he took 0.5 oz yesterday and 1 oz today, he's gonna have 2 oz tomorrow hopefully! At least then I can get a lay in and have the occasional time away in the future. The first time he gave him a bottle I got jealous yet I was in the room lol!!

I do think it's worth investing in a good pump. I'm sure Ish will agree on that!

Lol I see what you mean as you are completely tied to solely feeding him I think maybe it was my instinct there saying your not taking my baby!!! :-/ zxx

I do think it's worth investing in a good pump. I'm sure Ish will agree on that!
F**k yeah! The electric pump saved me from BFing Vince long enough for my cracked nipples to improve, cured my inverted nipple (I only had one of them, which caused me a world of trouble), and now I BF him during the day and feed him bottles at night.

I am a much happier bunny :D

Hey Pinky I feed in public, as the others said it's the thought of it that makes it hard to do at first but actually it's fine. As I use nipple shields it's a bit of a performance so I use the boobie cover that others suggested and no-one sees a thing :) it's our right to breastfeed where ever we want so take the plunge and try it and be proud u feed your baby yourself xxxx

I never considered not breastfeeding, and I never considered having any problems. For me, it was the same thought as, "this baby is coming out of me" , "this baby is being breastfed" . I saw it as just the obvious next step.

Also, when they are little it's hard not getting a break but as they get older and go longer eternal feeds, you can pop to the doctor or whatever without them. For me, I don't want anyone else to have him for long anyway, he's only little once :) xx

I've got quite confident feeding in public now, I always wear two tops so one goes up and the other down so nobody sees anything really. My BIL didn't even notice the other day and asked when I was going to feed and was quite shocked when I told him I was lol! A few of my male friends feel a bit embarrassed and always make excuses to leave the room! I think we need to get out there and promote breast feeding so it's seen as more normal any younger generations are better educated, they need to start putting women on soaps breast feeding too!
I must admit I'm like hopeful and didn't even consider not bf with either of my kids, to me ff wasn't an option I would have only ff if my body didn't let me bf for what ever reason. It's such a massive commitment long term though, I never get a break as he refuses the bottle so I'm still feeding every 2-3 hours day and night which is exhausting after 4 months!

I've done it twice and felt very uncomfortable, put muslin over her head so noone could see.. Also had to ask if it was ok in the coffee shop coz I'd hate to have someone complain and be told to stop! My mil told me horror stories about it and it put me off big time!!

I've done it twice and felt very uncomfortable, put muslin over her head so noone could see.. Also had to ask if it was ok in the coffee shop coz I'd hate to have someone complain and be told to stop! My mil told me horror stories about it and it put me off big time!!

I'd love someone to try and stop me!!
They'd get a right mouthful!

I'd defo go nuts at them but at the same time be embarrassed! It's a VERY busy shopping centre and the coffee shops are all openly viewed to the shoppers walking past! It would defo put me off doing it again tbh!
I think my main concern when she was younger was the fast flow was too much for her sometimes and she would pull away and I'd soak everything next to me.. I'd hate to spray someone!!!!! :lol:
Bloody mil telling me horrors about women being told to leave mid feed.. I certainly wouldn't stop feeding.. Made it seem like they chase u out of the shop with pitchforks and flaming torches!!! Mind u she hates bf so will say anything to stop me!

no one can actually tell you to leave, its agsinst the law. I personally couldnt give a flying monkey about anyone if my baby needs feeding

sent from my Galaxy s2

Just makes me even more angry at my mil saying she's seen women be asked to leave places... She's really upset me today I'm so fucking angry!! Sorry lol!

I would never be uncomfortable with a woman breast feeding in public I can understand why some people do feel uncomfortable, some women don't want their men to look at other women's boobs even with a baby attached! And some women don't even try to be discrete about it, which I personally couldn't do lol! They just whip this huge tit out :lol:
I hope to be more comfortable with feeding in public..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back