Bfers

Go with the flow as well, I am a very anti routine person, and Vincent tends to fall into a routine of his own accord.

He naps once in the morning (with my mum, I'm probably asleep), then on his walk at 2:30 ish, goes to bed around 10, wakes up once during the night around 2 AM, then is up around 6 in the morning.

Feeds every 2 hours during the day, like a newborn - which would explain the obesity, LOL!

G feeds every 2ish hours during the day as well, but seeing as she sleeps pretty well at night, can't complain.

F has a bath at 7pm, feed at 7.30pm and bed around 8pm. (often having fallen asleep on boob) She's been having to have a 30min power nap around 5pm though to make bathtimes enjoyable tho as opposed to a scream fest! lol. She wakes between 3-7 times a night though only feeds 1-2 but needs dummy putting back in or just a tummy pat :eek:s! Naps however are much improved, one around 9am-11am (sometimes needs resettling half way thru) another 2hrs later of around 1.5hrs and then 30min power nap around 5. All apart from last one are in cot if we're home, or sling,arms or buggy if out and about. However she dictates the lot so just when I notice a pattern it changes lol, shee feeds as much as she wants pretty much throughout the day (and night) but we try to follow EASY

Are we the only ones that put him to bed so early?

When we tried putting G to bed earlier she created hell. Shes just fallen asleep on boob now, but will most likely wake when I move her and usually self settles in her crib fine.

She'll settle in her basket for a morning nap, but at mo needs cuddled off in the afternoon - think im missing signs then and she's over tired.

Could u try keeping Ty up later to see if it makes a difference??

We don't really have a proper bed routine cos I'm a bit worried that if I had to change it she wouldn't settle - do we've tried to be pretty flexible.

xxx

I'd love to put Tilly to bed earlier, even just at 9pm so we can have an hours peace but I daren't now. If I out her to bed at 9 and she slept until 1 she'd probably grunt and moan the rest of the night and we'd get no sleep. At least if she does that after the 4am feed its only for a few hours

i know Alyssas combi fed but even when ebf she always slept 4 hours at least at night. shes only ever woken the once during the night, just times vary. shes on boob more atm and goes to bed at 11 ish but sleeps from 9 really, just wakes at 11 to feed. some days she stays awake from 8pm til 10 tho

When I say routine I mean bath, DVD, feed, sleep. Is there anything you do for nap time or does LO go off?

Tyler has a rough 3 hour cycle but we keep bedtime times the same every night
Oh, as to that, it's well nigh impossible. If you try to make him do something before he's good and ready himself, you're in for trouble.

Are we the only ones that put him to bed so early?

When we tried putting G to bed earlier she created hell. Shes just fallen asleep on boob now, but will most likely wake when I move her and usually self settles in her crib fine.

She'll settle in her basket for a morning nap, but at mo needs cuddled off in the afternoon - think im missing signs then and she's over tired.

Could u try keeping Ty up later to see if it makes a difference??

We don't really have a proper bed routine cos I'm a bit worried that if I had to change it she wouldn't settle - do we've tried to be pretty flexible.

xxx

It was 7 but he was getting so cranky and moody that 6.30 worked better. It basically means his day fits perfectly in 3 hour cycles too

We have early nights too as it works for all 3 of us. Naked time and massage at 5.30 then bath at 6.00 and then bottle and bed. Usually asleep by 7.00 but sometimes as early as 6.30 x

Harrison is asleep at 7 or just after!! He wudnt stay awake any later!!
xxx

Last night was my first time trying to put K down earlier. We had been starting to get her ready at 8-8:30 and she would be asleep by 8:30-9. Yesterday I decided to start her routine at 6:30 and she was asleep by 7:30! She did wake up one more time to eat (3instead of 2), but she slept until her regular wake up time of 6:30! So happy and will continue to put her to bed around 7! Her bed time routine is simple... Change into a sleeper in her room, then take her into our room and close the curtains and keep it fark and quiet, put her in her sleeping bag and feed her to sleep. I have no routine for daytime naps because she will only nap in my wrap, in the car or out for a walk.

I would put Henry down earlier but don't know how to fit it in with dinner for us. DH can't feed Henry, or cook for us (he would give us food poisoning!). DH also doesn't get in till 6:30 so if I pit Henry down earlier than 8-8:30, he doesn't get to spend any time with him.

I would put Henry down earlier but don't know how to fit it in with dinner for us. DH can't feed Henry, or cook for us (he would give us food poisoning!). DH also doesn't get in till 6:30 so if I pit Henry down earlier than 8-8:30, he doesn't get to spend any time with him.

I feel like that sometimes its as late as 7 before DH gets in. im just figuring theres plenty of time for early bedtimes when Gs a little older, but just now if shes happy to be up im not pushing it, plus it means i can have a longer lie in the morning. lol

xxx

Most of the time my OH is home by 5.30 but he works away a lot. He's up in Scotland Tuesday to Thursday. We both enjoy having some adult time alone together, but he doesn't sleep in the bedroom ATM because of his job so if we didn't have those couple of hours we'd have nothing. It's so hard to strike a balance!

we enjoy our time together too pinky...once she is in bed at 7pm ish...its mummy and daddy time. and we actually feel like 'us' again/ dont get me wrong, we absolutely love her but we are mummy and daddy when she is around and when she is in bed, we are 'us' :)

its nice. we spend a lot of time talking about her...ha ha...but its our time to have a meal together and snuggle on the sofa and watch tv and have some baby making practice..ha ha :) x

During the day LO feeds every 2-3 hours. Has some playtime and then when i see a yawn or she starts to grizzle I put her down for a nap. She settles pretty well if she is tired. The feeding seems to ramp up in early evening but I've heard milk is at it lowest then? Can't seem to get her to sleep until 9 ish at the mo even though I do bath massage and feed at 7 ish in the hope she might go off earlier. She then doesnt wake until 5/6 in morning which I'm very surprised and grateful for ( she did this from 8 weeks when I put her in her own room as I thought we were disturbing each other). I did do some sleep training after reading sensational sleep plan starting at 6 weeks to see if it helped her self settle. Not sure if this has been the reason she sleeps well or she just likes to sleep. I have also noticed that by putting up black out curtains and adding some airwrap bumpers she is going back to sleep at 6 and not waking again til 9/10am even though she has her head bumping up against the side of cot. I'm sure this will all change with teething!!

We too put Chloe down early. We used to start the routine at 8.30 and she would go to sleep at 9.30 but she was getting tired earlier. So i now start with naked and bath time at 6 then she has a feed and goes down so hopefully asleep around 7/7.30 depending on how long she feeds for as this one tends to be longer than others.

What is the baby einstein dvd like pinky? someone mentioned this to me the other day - worth getting?

Re day time naps we are just starting to try and get some kind of routine. not necessarily timings but just being aware and catching her when she starts yawning etc other wise i end up with a very grump baby like today where she has be fighting sleep all day and only now gone off in her swing!! x

We too put Chloe down early. We used to start the routine at 8.30 and she would go to sleep at 9.30 but she was getting tired earlier. So i now start with naked and bath time at 6 then she has a feed and goes down so hopefully asleep around 7/7.30 depending on how long she feeds for as this one tends to be longer than others.

What is the baby einstein dvd like pinky? someone mentioned this to me the other day - worth getting?

Re day time naps we are just starting to try and get some kind of routine. not necessarily timings but just being aware and catching her when she starts yawning etc other wise i end up with a very grump baby like today where she has be fighting sleep all day and only now gone off in her swing!! x

I love them. My little brother and sister had the videos (back in the day) and I asked mum to get me some for Tyler. We have baby mozart, baby Beethoven, baby Neptune and baby van gough (last 2 are for older babies) baby Mozart is the best by far, it's the right amount of excitement/enjoyment and relaxation. Gives me half an hour to set his bed stuff up.

I love them. My little brother and sister had the videos (back in the day) and I asked mum to get me some for Tyler. We have baby mozart, baby Beethoven, baby Neptune and baby van gough (last 2 are for older babies) baby Mozart is the best by far, it's the right amount of excitement/enjoyment and relaxation. Gives me half an hour to set his bed stuff up.

Ah fab - i might investigate these lol. ta x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maegan
Back