Going out...

Nurse 26

Reaction score
Have my first few hours away form harry on sat night, going out for dinner with friends for my birthday, eek, i'm excited and scared as not left him since he was born, he will be with OH and will only be a 10 min taxi trip away if he needs me.

my questions is to BFers, how much expressed milk would you leave? i will be away around 4/5 hours.

I'm out too on Saturday at a wedding.

I have tried very hard to get enough milk for my mum and I'm aiming for 2 feeds of 5oz.

I'm still 4oz short today mind so I'll have to make an effort!

Ooh it will be good to get out won't it?

I have 8oz in freezer, think harry won't take more than 4 in one go, may need 3 feeds though as he feeds often, hopefully he will sleep most of time I'm away!

Have fun, ladies! Enjoy your nights out! :)

No advice on the BF as i didnt go anywhere without my LG when i was doing it... but enjoy your night out!!

I'm looking forward to it yes, though I hate expressing. I only get an oz or so at a time cos there's nothing left!! Lol

I'm not bf so can't help but just wanted to say enjoy your night out!! I'm out too this saturday and I'm determined not to feel guilty... ! Max will be with daddy so I SHOULD be able to relax (not putting any bets on that though)

Although my little girl has stayed out with grandparents before and we have had a night out.. shes sleeping out at her aunties with her aunties friends little boy and were actually staying in.. well going out for a meal and then home but other times weve not stayed at home so i wont know what to do with myself on saturday morning when im not woken up at half 6!!

Im sure we will have a lovely time though :)

Hope you have a lovely long lie in, I forgot what that's like!x

The first time we left G I left 3 bottles of approx 3oz, thinking she'd only drink one at a time, but greedy little bigger downed two in row.

If you think he'll need 2 feeds try to leave enough for four. G doesn't drink anywhere near 6oz when I leave her no, but she did this the first few times, I think it was a comfort thing.,

Xxx

i have to go to a wedding today, oh is taking alyssa to his dads, its the first yime oh is having her without me being around and whats he doing? hes only gonna leave her with his heavily pregnant sister, whos never been with her for more than an hour and hasnt had any kids yet while he goes and plays golf! he says it will be good practice for her......i really hope she manages well im nervous enough about oh having her on his own as he gets annoyed if she cries a lot, tries to do controlled crying and always ends up passing her back to me when she wont calm down. i will be home like a shot if im needed but he wont even be here, he will have taken her 30 mins drive away. such a stress!!!

i hope you enjoy your night nurse, im sure your oh is more useful than mine lol

I can't give any advice as I don't BF but just wanted to say have a fab night out Nurse and Bev xxx

Oh I would kill him bev! Maybe he's just too nervous to be on his own with her? I hope you enjoy your day out! Its hard not to worry about them, I will prob spend the whole night txting OH to see how he is.

Thanks i_maclean, I now have 11oz so nearly enough for 4 feeds, hopefully that will be enough, will try to a little more expressing today, its just so time consuming

Thanks loopy!

i did get a bit snippy with him but its his choice, i have to go to this thing and although im pissed off that lo and oh werent even invited i guess its only polite to turn up. not staying any longer than i have to tho

When I was bf, I left as many 6oz batches in the freezer as I could. Normally I'd have three lots in the freezer ready for if and when I'd go out. If its in the freezer and doesn't get used, then it can stay in there for upto 3 months (so long as its a proper freezer, not a freezer box) so thought if I could stock up, then it would all get used eventually.

Enjoy your night out ladies.xx

well im home and in my pj's with a sleeping baby on my lap...bliss!
party thing was ok, i drove there so drank coke and took the piss out of a couple of the lads, that was amusing. im basically one of the boys so we tend to sit there ripping into each other and talking about stupid things like computers and gross stuff. much more fun when i can join in on the shots and pints tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back