Best kiddies yoghurts in terms of sugar...

CARNAT22

Reaction score
I have tried everything but James just wont do natural yoghurt.

I've tried big bits of fruit, small bits of fruit, a smidge of honey, fruit puree and even putting some sweeter kiddies yoghurt in but he wont have it.

Are there any yoghurts I can buy that are relatively sugar free but more tastey than natural?

Petite Filous are full of sugar, as are munch bunch. Is it that all fromage frias is quite sugary??

I am off to the shops soon so I am going to do some research but in the meantime all suggestions welcome?

xxxxxxxxx

Some preliminary results:

Petite Filous 6.1 g per pot
Munch Bunch (normal) 10.6 g per 2 pots / 5.3 g per pot
Rachel's 12.6g per 100g
Sainsburys basics Fromage Frais 12.6g per pot this cannot be right???
Sainsburys Fromage Frais 4.6g per pot

xxxxx

Iv found them all much and such the same apart from ellas kitchens ones which have a fair bit less sugar, they are a bit more expensive tho but asda have them on offer just now 2 packs for £2 (notsure if that offers always on) so it works out the same as what id normally pay for other ones xx

If I remember right EK ones are about 7g per 100g whereas petit filou are about 12g

I get the yeo valley organic little yeos as they are often on offer in tesco and they are fairly healthy. As Claire says they are pretty much the same in terms of sugar content.

the little yeos ones have 88%whole milk yoghurt 5%fruit purée the other 7per cent is organic sugar and organic lemon juice. It has 10.8g of sugar per 100g but it's only a small amount of unnatural sugar. Remember that fruit is naturally high in sugar which is where most of the sugar content in these yoghurt comes from. It's the unnatural sugar I try to stay away from.

I think Ella's Kitchen fromage frais are 4.6g but I'm not 100% sure. I'm getting then in my Tesco delivery so I can let you know?

Ah sorry just saw Claire's post. Ignore mine!

You could well be right, I was just going by memory! And my memorys pretty rubbish lol x

I thought there was no added sugar in EK, thought it just came from the fruit juice? We get Plum fromage frais too, again I thought these just had sugar from fruit, if I'm wrong, we're going back to natural with fruit.

So I just received my EK fromage frais and...

- No added sugar
- Each 55g pot contains 4.2g of sugar
- 100g contains 7.6g

My daughter just had a pot and liked it as she'd gone off the yeo valley yogurts she previously loved!
X

I may stick to Sainsbury's [not the basic ones]

I eat them myself and they are only a little higher in sugar than EK...
They are a quid cheaper though!!

xxxxxx

So I just received my EK fromage frais and...

- No added sugar
- Each 55g pot contains 4.2g of sugar
- 100g contains 7.6g

My daughter just had a pot and liked it as she'd gone off the yeo valley yogurts she previously loved!
X

It's interesting as it says no added sugar yet when you look at the ingredients they have a product called agave nectar? Which is a sweetener sweeter than honey.......

I guess. Hopefully she goes back to liking Yeo Valley as I would just give her some of my big strawberry pot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back