synthetic hormones post-baby!?!

trixipaws

Reaction score
anyone else's body just not getting on with them at all?

im SOOOOOOOOOO fed up!

i was on the combined pill before i got pregnant, i was on it since i was 15, and i was on i think 3 different brands at different times in my life. i'd also had the morning-after pill several times, the first time when i was 14 and back then it was 2 pills u had to take not just one. i used the pill as a commodity (i hated periods so i'd only have 2 or 3 per year, i just used to start pill packs one after another without breaks)

anyway i never, EVER had any problems with them at all before

now theyre an effing pain in the ass! :evil:

firstly i tried a mini-pill called cerazette which made me throw up it was like morning sickness multiplied by a thousand! then i tried another mini-pill which was ok but its very hard to take at the same time each day. so when i stopped breast-feeding i went back on cilest which was the pill i was on until i got pregnant.

first few "cycles" of that i was getting no withdrawal bleeds which was a bit wierd. due to not bleeding one time i think it was the 3rd cycle i forgot to start my new pack of pills by about 2 days or something which was apparently a pregnancy risk so i took the morning-after pill and started my next pack. now i dont kno whether it was the MAP or not but this time i had the opposite problem- bleeding constantly while taking the pills :wall: i had a test done for infection it came back clear so it was either the MAP or the normal pill.

when my boyf found out how much tampons and pantliners cost he went mad and told me to come off the pill- he wont use condoms so for the next 2 or 3 weeks we used the withdrawal method (which i was a bit nervous about but he is an expert at it managed to see it right to the end without leaving me with a single drop!) however not last weekend but the one b4 we were a bit drunk and forgot- this was a saturday nite so couldnt get the MAP on scrip as i work mondays and tuesdays- so i had to pay for the MAP do u kno how expensive that thing is :roll: yet its me who had to buy it my boyf didnt give me any money! anyway i thought i'd best try the pills again so started them back up- sure enough after a few days i was bleeding! only a very tiny bit this time hardly at all, anyway i stopped taking them on monday (we had such a huge row that i was genuinely thinking i wont need them anyway! :shock: )
so now i am not bleeding.

alsoi stupidly the other day tho forgot to remove a tampon left it in around 20 hours and took it out it was still white- i read the leaflet in the box said TSS risk is higher if the tampon still has white bits when removed u supposed to use lower absorbency :roll: so i couldve killed myself with all this stupid annoying bleeding :roll:

its such a bloody nuisance! grr idk why but im just NOT getting on with synthetic hormones anymore it seems.

for some reason i suspect i might be ok if i just wait for my first NATURAL period to arrive and then try it all again as then i'll assume my hormones have finally settled since giving birth. do u think i might be right? but then what do i do for contraception in the meantime? what contraception methods do NOT use synthetic hormones, except condoms (which are not an option)?

sorry for long rant im just fed up!

i started the pill back up again today, coz i really dont wanna risk gettin pg. ill just hav to put up with the annoyingness and hope it stops eventually :roll:

if anyone has had similar issues and found a solution please let me know :)

how about the copper coil? the one without hormones? that could work.

also there is the diagphragm too, or the cap?

I wrote a post then my internet crashes again for the 27836363th time today :evil:

Anyway....

I have been looking at the non hormone based options as i am currently on the implant and i dont like it. Cant take the pill and the injection was crap too.

So we have the choice of Male or Female condoms, Diaphragm, natural planning or the IUD.

Think i will ask the doc about the IUD.
http://www.contraceptivechoices.co.uk/Intrauterine_Device_(IUD)_method.asp

If its unsuitable then OH will HAVE to wear condoms :wink:

How long did you bleed for before you stopped? I went on the patch with my first period after the birth and it lasted for the full 3 weeks I had the patch on, the week break and then stopped on the second or third day of the next patch. That was in March and I have been normal since then (touching wood!) I have just changed to the pill and that was ok too.

It may be worth waiting for a natural period and starting again. Tell your boyf that there isn't a lot you can do about the bleeding unless he wants to wear a condom! (why is always the woman's responsilbilty?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back