Worried about what people might say..

fran_23 said:
do you know what hun, at the end of the day your doing what you feel is best for your baby and no one else has the right to judge any of your decisions. if anyone was to make a comment to me about the way i'm bringing up my child i'd tell them where to go (and i wouldnt be polite)
your doing the best so dont be worried about what other ppl think..they should get on with their own lives and not stick their noses in other ppls! grr sorry i just dont worry about what other ppl think because Hayden is my child and i'll do what i want!!! hehe

pcheerleader.gif
go fran go fran
woot.gif

Also i was shopping the other day and along side the sweets i saw little packs of dried fruit in really funky and appealing packages for lunchboxes etc and that was really nice to see and it shows that they are encouraging this much more now.

My DD has these in he lunch box and also as treats (as quite expensive) and she loves them....there are lots of alternatives out there for kiddies nowadays, it is great...........although there is room for improvement, you can never have enough "healthy" alternatives! :D xx

sorry :oops: i just hate the thought of people interfering or making a rude comment (eg about BF) if they dont know you and its none of their business. there are people in life that have nothing better to do (think pauline fowler types...hehe)

hun i think its great ur intending on BF i did but was advised to give up as he wasnt eating much
and i personally agree about the food sorry everyone Braydon has homemade and only occasionally has jar if out etc i think u do wot is rite n stuff everyone else ur a teen mum but u also wanna do wot is best for ur lil man people should respect that

what did people do before bottles were invented. Did everyone leave the room :lol:
My answer to all your questions would be to go with your instinct on all these things. The worst thing you could do would be to bow to the pressure other people put on you and then to spend ages regretting your descision.
If I saw a teenager bf i would be tempted to go up and say well done but then I might look like an old fart. Im even older than kina :shock:

I had many similar views to you ...some of them went out of the window - like making all my own baby food....I found it took up so much time that it was just more convenient to either a)use pre-made baby food, or b) (my preferred option) just take some of the food we'd made for our own dinner and blend it up for her (as long as it wasn't too salty/spicy etc).

As for snacks, Lydia has had a bit of chocolate and a bit of ice cream, but nothing major...certainly not every day...not even once a week...just now and then. Phil keeps wanting to give her crisps but I'm sticking to my guns on that one. IMO they're too salty for her. I'm not giving her E-numbers either.....anyway I'm getting off the subject...

Now for breastfeeding, I did breastfeed Lydia at first, and actually I didn't get much bother about it. A few people in public gave me funny looks but I ignored them. As for my family, they were very supportive of it (apart from my uncle who used to turn beet red and back out of the door haha). But even if they had given me a hard time, I honestly think I would have ignored them. If it's something you want to do then do it...it's in the best interest of the baby in any case. Just stick to your guns...it's your baby and it's a perfectly natural healthy way of feeding. If they've got a problem with your method of parenting, well that's their problem isn't it. You stick to what you believe in and ignore everybody else. Hold your head up high and know that you are doing what you feel is right for your child.

I can honestly say I have never had any funny looks or comments about me BF in public.
Maybe I'm not paying attention, or maybe they rightly conclude that I'd give them a right mouthful if they dare say anything :twisted:

What i intend to do is cook the meals for me and Alan and then save some of that meal and freeze it (because we will eat later than J when he is little) and that will be his meal for the next say and so on. I dont eat spicy food myself, or salty food so they will all be healthy, things like spag bog, chicken supreme, veg stir fry, salmon fillets and potato etc etc..

Thanks for all the supportive replies it has made me feel much better about my veiws and now im just going to ignore people that are sad enough to have a problem with me for doing what i feel is best for my child! :D

cas xx

Im exactly the same about sweets Cassi. I said to Dave I dont want her to eat rubbish, if she never has it in the first place she wont know any different I would rather her snack on fresh fruit salad ect.

But even now his dad says to Ella "do you want some sweeties" I know he wouldnt actually give her sweets at thsi age but Im worried that she will be given them by other people when Im not there! I am going to kake sure everyone knows it is against my wishes and if they do toherwise I will not be happy!

lauz them organic crisp things (sorry can't remember what they were actually called!!) were great in the car and ella loved them! And the organic biscotti things!! (what a mess!!) lol!

My mum did the saving the spag bol etc and using that to feed me when i was little and i have every intention of doing the same - although there will be jars in the house for days out etc or when i've not cooked! lol! :oops:

And i really hope that i can BF. Will probably be one of them people who hormonally breaks down crying cos i can't BF!
My mate allison BF till Faith was 6 months, but when her teeth started coming through she started biting and actually lost interest in being BF! And when we were in town she used to BF in public if the feeding room wasn't available (only 2 in the whole town! Outrageous!!!!!) And people have done snidey looks etc... She's just stood up and quite happily said "if you've got a problem with it don't f**king look" lol!!!
(she did feed under a blanket!)

I also want to use re-usable nappies - I'll be coming to Beanie & Kina for advice on that (and Urchin? Sorry if i've left anyone out! lol!) as the government and shops etc don't seem to be very forthcoming on where to get stuff from and how to do it properly and stuff, and i'm quite clueless!! lol!!

Good luck with doing it Cassi, and if anyone gives you s**t give it back just as good!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

xox

Cassi.

I had DD a month after my 20th birthday, her dad was 32. I attempted to BF but HE kept laughing at me so felt uncomfortable about it and gave up very quickly. I also said my child would not be given sweets as snacks, HE and his family got huffy and said well they would. DD had food hyperactivity so give her something like said sweets and she would go red hot and scream, sweat, cry etc etc.

YOU DO WHAT YOU WANT. Stuff what anybody else thinks and stick to your beliefs. At my age now I'd have anybody for breakfast who laughed at me for BF or questionned my values, wish I'd had that confidence back then. Go for it hun, you know whats right and dont let anybody else tell you what to do.

Thanks this topic has made me feel much better.

And Hayley as for reusables well done!!! they are fantastic but very addictive lol, you get them online mostly if you look in the baby product and reveiws section there is a sticky i made up with loads of info on them, where to get them and beanie and kina have kindly put some pics of Their little models showing off in their clothies hehe!!

Also minime sorry to impose? but when you speak about your DD you always used past tense in that topic im slightly confused?

Cas xx

Had food hyperactivity in that she's 14 in january, not a baby anymore, well depends on the mood swing of the day with her :D

Oooo cassi thanks for that!!!
I don't really look in them sections - but will have a look now!!
(never had a reason to lol!)
Thank you so much!!

(my mum would never forgive me if i didn't use re-usables!!) :rotfl:

they are great i have spent so much money on them cause you get all the wicked designs, i got my minki wrap with dog paws on it through the post the other day hehe!!

Minime im like that with sweets, when i was in college in Sweden i had a teacher call me into the office 1 day and say "right, what drugs are you on?" because i would be nuts in lessons after lunch when i had loads of sugar and e numbers, but then in the morning lessons when i hadnt had any e numbers i would be falling asleep in class.

I was so angry and offended by her and i told her the reason and she still said she didnt beileve me and accused me of been a junkie!!!! :evil:

I still go hyper with parma violets and sherbet fountains ;)

DD is only hyper now with chocolate and coke, jeeeeez coke, keep her away she drives me potty! Starts bugging the hell out of you, gradually making more and more noise, starts laughing for no apparant reason, runs round the house, dives on you wanting to play fight... :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back