Being admitted to hospital

Hi ladies, thank you for all the lovely messages :) I dropped my phone in the bath Tuesday night, which pushed my phone over the edge after smashing the screen on Monday! :( so haven't been able to update til now.

So Tuesday was a very long and stressful day to say the least. Woke up late as my alarm didn't go off but luckily her appointment was abit later than I first thought. I'd got so worked up about her going in, I was sick a couple of times :(

She was sedated with an oral sedative which they mix with a spoonful of fruit puree to try and hide the taste as its so bitter. She wouldn't take it, had a tiny taste then wouldn't take the rest,I had to hold her and they had to hold her mouth open and force feed it her, was so upsetting to see and hear her scream.

They then turned the light of and shut the curtains in our room to try and get her to go down. It took just over an hour for her to go to sleep, she was fighting it so much!! She had her eyes shut but was shouting as loud as she could- the nurses could hear her down the other end of the ward! She fell asleep and was under observation for half an hour.

When we went down for the CT scan I freaked out as they had a box full of resuscitation equipment and a tank of oxygen next to her. She looked tiny on the bed with all the equipment. I had to wait outside but she was fine.

Got back to ward and she had the EEG. Took about half an hour to fit all the electrodes and the heart ones too. She came round about 10 mins into the EEG and was abit groggy and shaky and kept trying to pull the electrodes off.

Had the bloods done and they had to do a fair few samples as they couldn't get enough blood from any one site, so took a long time.

Had to give a urine sample which took the longest of all the tests! She did one sample which wasn't enough, so had to wait for her to do another. Easier said than done when she hasn't had a drink for over 12 hours!! So was trying everything to get her to have more milk and juice but was having none of it! Took 2 and a half hours to get a small sample to top the other off!!

Eventually got home about 7 pm, she was quite wobbly and very tired. She woke alot during the night so has been unsettled from it all. Yesterday she wasn't a happy bunny, very tired, unsettled and generally in a grump. Been keeping a close eye on her just to be safe. Somethings not quite right as she woke 6 times last night!! And drank 18oz through the night.

So now we're just waiting for her follow up appointment to come through to see the consultant which should be the end of the month hopefully.

I'm just so glad to have my baby girl, she is my whole life and the reason I'm still here.

Thank you for all kind wishes ladies :) xxxxxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Aww hun, tests are a nigthmare aren't they - but our LOs are made of tougher stuff than we think.

I would imagine she is just unsettled from all the prodding and probably catching up on all the milk she didn't get. Hopefully she will be back to her cheery self soon!

:hug: for you and LM x

I'm glad it's all done now for you though. I can't imagine what kind of a day you both had. Hope she settles to her normal self and routine for you soon xxx

Sorry missed this the other day, glad the tests are over, hope you get results soon xx

Ah hon sorry to hear it was such a bad day. I hope the results come in quickly for u.

Get well soon lexi!

Hopefully those tests are the last and they find out exactly what's going on, poor little mite hope she settles soon for u hun xxxxx

Last edited:
My goodness! Sounds like an awful ordeal for you both, hopefully these will get to the bottom of things.

Poor little lady, hope she's feeling better today xxx

Not surprised she was unsettled after all that. Poor little love. Hope your both ok now. Loads of love x

oh my!! how are you both doing ? thinking of u X

What a nightmare! Hope she's back to her usual self now.. xxx

Unfortunately not.

She's not seemed herself since she went to hospital.

She's teething and got hay fever but something else doesn't seem right. She's very hot to touch, slight temp about 38C, very sleepy (she got up at 7 am and has been asleep on me for the past 45 min or more) She's very clingy, won't play, won't eat food but will take milk. Last night she was shivering so much in the bath I had to get her out which is very unusual. Her nappies stink, the urine smells so strong.

I'm not registered at a doctor's atm so don't know where to go :(

I need a break.. xx

oh Em, must be so hard to see her like that, have you got a local walk on centre you could take her to? or most gps will see you as a visitor/let you register and be seen.
definitely sounds like she's not right, worth getting her checked?
xx

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

Hun that really sounds teething related, cam's exactly the same with teething its horrible. So it may not be anything sinister at all xx

tapatalking!!

Unfortunately not.

She's not seemed herself since she went to hospital.

She's teething and got hay fever but something else doesn't seem right. She's very hot to touch, slight temp about 38C, very sleepy (she got up at 7 am and has been asleep on me for the past 45 min or more) She's very clingy, won't play, won't eat food but will take milk. Last night she was shivering so much in the bath I had to get her out which is very unusual. Her nappies stink, the urine smells so strong.

I'm not registered at a doctor's atm so don't know where to go :(

I need a break.. xx

If you aren't registered at a GP, ring NHS 24 and ask their advice. Then once you are organised, get you both registered at your local GP asap x

Thanks hun, I was registered at one but they sent a letter the other week saying we had to find somewhere else as we're to far away now :( x

Are there any walk-in places you can get to???

xxxxxxx

No not round here :( going to see how she is till my dad finishes work, then if no better I'll ask him to take me to the out of hours xx

No not round here :( going to see how she is till my dad finishes work, then if no better I'll ask him to take me to the out of hours xx

Ring NHS 24 Hun and ask them
What to do when you are not registered x

Www.justgiving.com/AaronFarquharson

Text aaro89 and £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10 to 70070

Weren't you saying that her being a CONI baby she can go directly to the ER and been seen by a consultant for any reason and any time of the baby? Maybe you take advantage of that one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back