Being admitted end of this week....

mdsremos

Reaction score
My section date is booked for a week today, 30th November at 38 weeks, but being admitted for 2 days end of the week, thursday and Friday, for steroid injections to mature his lungs for delivery and also insulin IV as I have gestational diabetes.

I double checked with the Registrar at the hospital appointment today as apparently I have to spend the two days on labour ward which is worrying me as I cant see how I will be able to sleep/eat at regular times with so much going on. The Registrar said its normal procedure as I need to have constant bloods checked to make sure my insulin levels are correct and altered and this could be every hour!!!!

Has anyone ever spent this sort of time on a labour ward cos I am really worried about getting enough rest before little one arrives and to be stuck in a room for 48hours, hooked upto drips with no TV in the room and the thought of not having regular meals provided is really niggling at me....am I being silly?? (already plan to take a small bag of snacks/fruit with me just in case)

no experience hun, but wanted to wish u luck, im sure they will have to feed u to keep ur blood sugars up n regular, but being kept on the ward 48hrs prior seams a really long time,

gud luck and hope to see some lovely pics of your little boy soon

xxx

I don't know about all hospitals and have no experience of being on labour ward prior to baby arriving but I know the hospital near me has tv's that you can buy a card for to watch and also you should get breakfast, lunch and dinner at the very very least x good luck hope all is ok'd

Usually it's the antenatal ward us b on rather than labour ward!? Can't understand y they'd stick u on the labour ward. There should b tv available and regular mealtimes etc x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back