Admitted to hospital last night

*sara*

Reaction score
Hi i was admitted to hospital last night with abdominal pains, suspected ectopic, a very rude and rough and heavily pregnant woman did the internal scan..and would not tell me any thing(this was 9pm) she said she needed a collegue to giv a second opinion and that she would be on the ward by 10.30. Ok so i got found a bed and told to wait...not knowing anything and very anxious! 11.30 came and went i asked if i would be seen...12.45am i asked again still no news...here is me siting on a bed in the dark as they put the ward lights off, 2am and a Dr comes and says very low chance of ectopic you can go home in the morning and we will rescan you on monday....we are not sure what is going on as you have a 11mm pregnancy sac empty and 4000 hcg count. (which i havent a clue what this means...is this a blighted ovum or just a very early pregnancy??) I was also left to sleep in my clothes as i wasnt provided with a nighty!!
Im sorry for the long rant but the bloody NHS!!!!
Also can anyone shed any light on what may be happening??
Thank you Sara xx

Thats terrible Sara. :(

I don't have anything to say that would help but just wanted to give you some hugs. :hug:

hi
they thought i had an ectopic, last wednesday and i had blood tests 3 days in a row first was 5330 and i had a scan and they only saw a sac and said that we would expect to see something at those levels, i had another blood test the day after and they had gone up and on the saturday they had gone up again. i had a scan monday and they saw a heartbeat that time.
maybe its too early to see a heartbeat yet my last levels were 8409 and they saw a heartbeat 2 days after that. your levels sound quite low still, so are probley only about 5 weeks which is too early too see anything really apart from the sac.
do you have to go back for any more bloods or just a scan?
take care im sure all is fine
sarah

sorry you had a hard time :hug: glad it isn't an ectopic and that they were able to scan you so quickly :pray:

with an hcg of 4000 it suggests that what is growing (be it an early pregnancy or blighted ovum) is only just big enough to see on ultrasound. It is good news that they saw a sac in the right place as it excludes an ectopic pregnancy but it is just too early either way to say what is going on - that is why they want to rescan you later.

think about trying to see what is growing inside a 1.1cm sac when you can't get up close and only have sound waves to give you a clue :) - tricky stuff!

hopefully all will be clearer on the next scan but at least they checked and you know that it is not an ectopic and you are safe. Take it easy and try and relax until the next scan - easy to say, hard to do :) :hug:

sarah113 said:
hi
they thought i had an ectopic, last wednesday and i had blood tests 3 days in a row first was 5330 and i had a scan and they only saw a sac and said that we would expect to see something at those levels, i had another blood test the day after and they had gone up and on the saturday they had gone up again. i had a scan monday and they saw a heartbeat that time.
maybe its too early to see a heartbeat yet my last levels were 8409 and they saw a heartbeat 2 days after that. your levels sound quite low still, so are probley only about 5 weeks which is too early too see anything really apart from the sac.
do you have to go back for any more bloods or just a scan?
take care im sure all is fine
sarah
Hi Sarah, They didnt mention another blood test only that i have to go back for a scan mon, do you know how big your sac was when they couldnt see anything? I really hope its just too early and that they see something next wk. xx

Oh Sara thats horrid :( how far along do you think you are? :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: sorry you are going through this, and i think you have been treated terrible by that hospital they should have given you more information or at least tried to ease your worry, im not sure about the size of the sac and if there should have been been something to see or not, just a thought but have you tried googleing it and see what comes back.
going by your lmp how many weeks do you think you should be?
i know exactly how you feel not knowing whats going on, i hope they see a little one on monday :hug:

Thank you all for your kind comments, im not too sure how far i am, i thought maybe 6wks but i miscarried in feb and ive not long finished bleeding so i cant work it out...although i do know its nearly 2 wks since i got my BFP and that the week before i tested and it was a BFN so fingers crossed it is just too early to see anything. xx

they just dont seem to understand the worry a patient has when they are left alone waiting im so sorry it happened to you and really hope you get the answers you need very soon but dont forget to ask as many questions as you can and dont worry if you think they sound silly.

Sorry I cant be much help, but just wanted to say Im glad you home and that they seem to have things in hand (as much as the NHS can)....

Such a worrying time I know!!

Big :hug:

aparently they can't see anything but the sac till about 5 or 6 weeks, i think it might be 6 weeks so them seeing the sac means you could be less than 6 weeks mabe 4 weeks? It's good news they saw the sac, i have you in my thoughts and fingers crossed for mon

:hug: :hug: :hug: I have to say i think it is terrible how pregnant women are treated in situations like these, do they believe we have no feelings or something.

I would just like to say i wish you all the best of luck as i had a similar experiance where they couldn't see a fetal pole in the sac, but it may be that you are to early to see anything, i know my hospital very rarely check if your under 6 weeks.

All the best for your scan next week chick xxx

:hug: all the best with your scan next week, so sorry you were treated that way :hug:

Oh gosh how horrible for you!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:
That is horrid that they left you for so long! :(
Good luck on Monday hun! :hug: :hug: :hug:

:shock: Aww sweetie, I am so sorry you had to go through that. What a terrible experience. From what you are saying, you might be just under 5 weeks and they wouldn't see anything just the sac. Surely you will have better news on Monday :pray: ing for you :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back