Been signed off for 4 wks!!

*sara*

Reaction score
Well ive been signed off for the past 2 weeks and told to rest, was due back to work this morning but had Dr first and been signed off for 4 wks! :shock: as ive been having terrible lower back pain (a previous Dr said nothing to do with pregnancy!) but my usual Dr who i saw today says it is pregnancy related as its the ligaments in my pelvis have softened and causing my pelvis to move. (something that doesnt normally happen till later in pregnancy!)
Well my work not at all happy and i can see me getting the sack when i go back :(

Well theres nothing your work can do about it, they legally can't sack you for being unwell! Maybe you should let them know your pregnant so they can at least know why your not well? You shouldn't have to though if you don't want to :hug:

ShineyHappyPeople said:
Well theres nothing your work can do about it, they legally can't sack you for being unwell! Maybe you should let them know your pregnant so they can at least know why your not well? You shouldn't have to though if you don't want to :hug:
Hi they know im pregnant, and that wasnt fun to tell them as ive had 2 losses and i got the impression they were thinking "here we go again!"

Forget about work!!!! you and LO are more important then any job or anything else right now!! they cant sack you for been ill and so long as you have a sick note there is nothing they can do... you need to relax now darling never mind worrying about when you go back to work :hug: :hug: :hug:

*sara* said:
ShineyHappyPeople said:
Hi they know im pregnant, and that wasnt fun to tell them as ive had 2 losses and i got the impression they were thinking "here we go again!"

idiots :roll: :hug:

If they sack you, you will be due a lot of money in court!!

Unfair dismissal!!

You have been signed off, there is nothing they can do about it!!

You just rest up huni! You need to xxx

MrsBrightside said:
Forget about work!!!! you and LO are more important then any job or anything else right now!! they cant sack you for been ill and so long as you have a sick note there is nothing they can do... you need to relax now darling never mind worrying about when you go back to work :hug: :hug: :hug:

ditto!

I had a lot of sickness last pregnancy, even before I was put on bed rest. My work wasn't too happy about it, but at the end of the day, there's NOTHING they can do about being sick when you are pregnant. The law is completely behind you. If your work did sack you, you would be owed a very large amount of money of them.

I would not worry about your work AT ALL. Put your feet up and relax, make the most of it :hug:

they cant sack u babe!!!!!! Dont worry about work, u worry about getting lots of rest and getting urself better asap :hug: :hug: :hug:

they cannot do anything!!!! you have a sick note, legally you are covered.
I have been off for 7 weeks now, and it wasn't related to pregnancy. going back to work this week and they have improved my working conditions knowing that now i'm pregnant!!!!!

you have the law in your side. just relax and rest. get better and do not worry about work.

Put your feet up and just concentrate on cooking that little bean of yours :cheer:

Don't post offer but just needed to say - please don't worry. When I was pregnant with no2 son I was signed off for 8 weeks because of 2 previous m/c - don't let them bully you - just relax and enjoy!
x

I agree with everyone, my boss is totally the other way though!! But loike everyone has said relax take it easy and dont be worrying about what they think!!!

Take care hun :hug:

Forget work Honey and relax, look after yourself and the baby, They cant sack you for being on the sick or when you go back for it, so dont worry, i know its easier said than done because my boss is a funny bugger too and when i told her she told me to do my own risk assessment! :?

Keep your chin up

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back