Having a day off work

Nanc

Reaction score
Hiya Ladies. Anyone else having a sick day today? I have been struggling with work for the last 4 weeks as I am so knackered and have picked up every bug going around. I've been off sick a couple of times in the last few weeks but I've not told work I'm pregnant so they will be thinking I'm just a lazy cow, which is bothering me. How's evyone else coping with work?

ive not been coping well as you read in my other post! I told my work that im pregnant pretty much straight away as i had to have a risk assessment so i have no idea what would happen if i call in sick or even if i need a day off :-s

I dont have set hours either so the hours im working now (approx 45) will be how much i get paid for when im on maternity leave. So i cant really decrease my hours :-(

I guess this will all be worth it in the long run! x

I'm incredibly lucky in that, other than my 'hobby' as an Avon lady, I don't have to work.
I do occasionally help out at the tattoo studio where Hubby is one of the artists. In fact I'm there on Saturday, but as Hubby will be there too, and he knows (obviously!) it'll be no problems :D
I admire hugely all the girls that have to work, I don't know how you do it. I've done nothing all day, and am just off for a siesta on the sofa.
Hope that all the working mums-to-be are having a good day, and enjoy your day off Nanc! xxx

At least you've told them Cherelle. If you need time off from now on it shouldn't be a problem. Should it? I know someone who has just taken a month off for morning sickness, with a docs note, so I am not going to worry if I need the odd day off here and there to get me through. You're right too... It will all be worth it :)

As for fallingstar... How jammy are you?! I hope you don't mind that I am hugely jealous and resentful! Lol... Only joking. But make sure you fully appreciate it young lady! Xx

If you need time off hunni take it - ive been signed off work for around a month now - im leavin in November ( its easier with the move and i get more money than maternity but thats another story ) you and baby are the most important thing now and work can not discripinate against you for it - hope you feel better soon hunni x

i dont blame you for taking the day off, I dont work but i do have a 9 month old that is very tiring and also other kids that I have to get to school in the week. it mainly the evenings that are hard and the have hobbies they go to street dance alot ad its very tiring I have just started making my oldest he will be 14 next month get the bus there and back on a tuesday, he doesn't mind but i felt guilty for a while, my husband is a chef so works funny hours. i do sympathise with those women that have to go to work cause at least i dont have to explain myself to anyone.

I also am not working at the moment as have just finished my nursing degree and hadnt managed to find a job yet, so going to take the next year off for having the baby and then look for somthing part time, lucky my hubby has a great job so know i'm a lucky lady! much respect to all you ladies who are out working :) :) i don't see anything wrong with taking a sick day as thats what they are for!!!

Hope you enjoyed your well earned days rest hun?
I would really love to take a day off but there is a cash/voucher incentive for not having a day off sick and its too much to lose especially with another baby on the way. Im just looking forward to christmas, i think ive got about 2 weeks off then :) x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Ladies. You all made me feel so much better I have taken today too! I know that's bad and I do feel a bit guilty, but I am feeling so much less tired, I'm glad i've stayed off for a couple of days. Think I just needed a break (my job is v stressful) I recommend a sickie to everyone! I can see why M2A, you don't want to miss work, I would be just the same if I was loosing money. Let's hope we've all got more energy in the next tri :)

Hey.. Happy days. Let's enjoy it. I have been watching trashy tv all morning. Thank god for coach trip! How sad am I? Lol xx

Ive been struggling with work alot. I was all half of last week and a day the previous week. In my work they cant dicipline me if its pregnancy related which is good but i dont get paid! The only thing bothering me is people are starting to talk and someone ask my team leader why i hadnt been sacked yet due to sickness. So im starting to think ill just need to tell everyone im pregnant cos i dont like the thought of people bitching about me over how often im off work, not that its any of there business lol x

Im lucky to. I dont have to work but i go college twice a week and to sit in a hot classroom is starting to make me feel ill lol xx

Don't stress about it Emma. I feel so much better this week after a break. Pushing yourself too much can't be good, so I think we should try to take it easy if and when we can. Everyone will understand once you decide to tell them, and may even feel bad for being nasty. You always could put a rumour around about an injury you're having phisio for, which could explain your days off till you're a bit further along. Xx

Yeah thats a good idea. People know somethings going on cos i left for docs yesterday and didnt go back cos i got sent to hospital for emergency scan. Your right though, like my OH said, me and the babys health is more important. I think i wont say a word though and just let everyone wonder what it is, that will annoy them more haha. Hopefully i only have another month of secret keeping... its hard to keep my mouth shut! x

I can relate to this too Emma, my work now know I am preg because I don't want to do any of the heavy lifting, but last week had to take a couple of days off due to a horrible cold then a couple of days after I has bleeding, to say the least my work are not sympathic and because there are a lot of females here the bitchy goes into over drive, however it is ok for them to be off all the time, case of pot and kettle I think x I will when needed though take time off because mine and baby's health is more important than worrying what they are saying behind my back x

Your totally right hopeful your health and your baby are more important than bitchy girls at work! For a change in my work its bitchy men but they can be just as bad as women at times x

I think men can have the tendency to be worse! x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definately mummy2adam, they have a tendancy to want to stir things up! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27