Baking Soda Test!

SarahCarps2be

Reaction score
Hiyaaaa.

Just downloaded the Pregnancy Buzz app from TheBump.com, and on the 411s section on there, theres a little post about the baking soda test.

The test issss:
Put a little bit of baking soda in the bottom of a disposable cup then add a little bit of your pee. If it fizzles (like a soft drink) then you are having a boy. If not, it's a girl.

I read it on another forum also, and 22 were right and 9 were wrong so it seems quite a good way of determining the sex, or just for a bit of fun!

Anyone tried this!? Be interesting to see if it works or not.

Ladies who've done the test.

Elisesmum - Test said Boy - Was correct! :D
Katey123 - Test said Girl (no fizz)- We will see!
Sarahlouise86 - Test said Boy (fizzed) - Scan in 2 weeks! :D

Last edited:
It does sound like fun, I just raided the larder my baking soda says best before June 09 best get down to morrinsons , I will let you what happens, thanks for idea Sarah . xx

Just thought it would be a little bit of a fun idea to try! Be nice to know how many people it works on, be nice if some people could do it that already know the sex, see if it's accurate ;)!

I should run up a little table of who's done it and who hasn't!

I'll edit the original post with who's done/doing it and the outcome!! :D

I'm going to try this later! But won't know for sure til 9 weeks time!!! X

Awwww - it's been ages since I have pee'd on anything I want to play!

Is it just baking soda that works though? I think we have baking powder a home but not soda?

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Back ! right I feel like a bio chemist , brought baking powder and bicarbonate of soda as I wasn't sure.
Did test of pee with each and did test with tap water and each as a test for test.
Results: pee and bicarbonate soda nothing happened, water and bicbon. nothing happened.
pee and baking powder fizzed like mad, water and bak. powder fizzed like mad.

Anyone care to conclude ? confused. xx

Last edited:
I think it must be baking powder, as the site I got it from was american I think :S...

Oooo I'll have to do some googling! xx

I think it would be baking powder, just asked one of the girls at work!

So if yours fizzed, it would indicate a boy :p Will put it on the list, and update us when you know what it is (if your not staying team yellow!)

After googling it, and yahoo answers, it sayd baking soda would be bicarb of soda :S...

Last edited:
so if it was a girl the ph is different to water , I really hope mine is a boy I would be thrilled. fingers crossed then . Thanks Sarah.xx

Right, Baking SODA and Bicarbonate of Soda are the same thing, so I apologise, it woudl indicate you having a girl!

(Should have read up on this more before I posted haha!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back