Back to back again - booo

purpleisa

Reaction score
One of the reasons I ended up with emerg section the last time was baby was lying back to back - was at m/w yesterday and (oh crap!) this one is lying back to back too.

Any ideas for turning it round? M/w suggested walking plenty not sitting back to much and bouncing on ball (all which aggravate SPD - brilliant!) but none of it might make any difference because it could be just because of the shape of my pelvis. Good nws is that I still have two weeks to DD so there is time for bubba to turn.

That's crappy news :( you could try sitting backwards on a chair so you're leaning forward over the back? Or kneeling on the floor over your ball and rocking, maybe these would be a bit easier on your spd?

Hope little one turns for you hun :hugs:

Why did you have to have a section?Seb was back to back (well actually he was wrapped around my side until I started pushing and then he turned back to back) and I had a natural birth x

noa turned back to back when i was 10 days overdue :wall:
i gave birth naturally

I completely gave up sitting on the sofa when I was about 37 weeks as I couldn't help but slouch back! Literally did everything (reading, watching tv etc) either leaning over my ball or sitting on a chair the wrong way round so I was leaning forwards.
By the time I got to labour Lizzie was laying with her spine slightly to the left of mine so had started to turn and when the midwife did an exam at 4 cms she said the head was the right way round even though her body was still lateral. After Lizzie's head was delivered I had two midwives turning her shoulders as her body came out and all was fine :)
Hope your LO turns for you x

Thanks all. I was back to back and my Mum managed a normal birth with me. My labour stopped and they had to do a section but I don't think it was entirely because of b2b. I thought it was maybe just one of those things ... or exhaustion but the doc I saw @ 12 weeks seemed to be connecting the b2b position with the failure to progress. Not sure if its related at all but they have said my labour will have to be "going well" or it will be section again. Hoping baby turns for my best chance of vbac. Thanks for the suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back