back to back baby

sarah113

Reaction score
Had my m/w appointment today and she said baby is back to back, i was just wondering does the baby still have a chance to move to a more normal position before he arrives?
He is still only 3/5 engaged, my bp was up a bit at 140/80 and everything else was fine.

I think babies can still move from and into a back-to-back position right up to and even during labour. My sisters' first was fine right up until she was in labour and then went back-to-back. My midwife told me off for slouching the other day & said if I don't sit forwards baby might turn. Try sitting forwards, on a firmer chair or birthing ball?

Hope he moves for you and doesn't keep you waiting too long. :hug:

:hug: sarah, I have no personal experience but would just like to say that babys turn right up until giving birth, so I would have to say yes there's time for LO to move, I do hope it happens soon to ease your mind on the issue, hope you take it easy and relax, and I have read a lot about getting on all fours helping, as that helps LO get into the best position, as well as swimming and acupuncture, but be sure you see a certified acupuncturist if that's chosen. Some baby's just aren't comfy in the 'best' birth position, so they wait until the birthday hehe
Very best wishes :hug:

I vagely remember reading or hearing simular to what the others have said so on your knee's Sarah

Ruby was back to back, and I was told by midwife on labour ward it was coz I had been sitting with my feet up on pouffee watching TV :oops: I bounced on birth ball most nights and also bounced like a mad thing for 2 days while I was in being induced......I had a c section in the end as I didnt progress past 2cm in 36 hours but she was back to back the whole time...all my pains during the time I was induced and on labour ward were in my back, I felt no contractions in my tummy although they were showing strongly on the monitor. It wasnt an unbearable pain, I didnt need pain relief, just very uncomfortable and I prefered to stand up swaying rather than lie down. Thye did say I had a very high pain threshold though (I was gobsmacked as I am normally a wimp!! :rotfl: )

Hi

As everyone else said there is still time hun hope LO moves in time
Katrina

I think you have a better chance too because he isn't your first, when libby was back to back a couple of weeks ago I got a whole heap of instructions of how to help her turn (& she did - fingers crossed she stays right way round).

On all fours (apparently crawling helps)! (MIL constantly asks me if I'm still scrubbing the kitchen floor :lol: )

Sitting facing the back of a dining chair (encourages the correct posture)

On your birth ball!

Go up and down stairs sideways!

Do not lie/ sleep on your back, do not lean back on the sofa......ideally lie on your left side.

Prop lots of cushions under your tum (or large bean bag is you have one) so that you can support yourself and rest on your front (haven't done this one as I worry about squashing her).

Hope he turns for you hun :hug: :hug:

I remember Aimee being in the right position all they way up till i was in labour when she turned back to back and eventully she was born facing the side so she turned again slightly. Nathan was back to back but turned the right way when i was in labour. Such a good boy! Lol.

Thanx girls

Will have to try a few of the things suggested by emmy

My daughter was born back to back and although most of the pain was in my back and it took a while longer to progress she was born normally without any complications.
Its not an ideal position for a comfortable labour (if there is such a thing) but its not classed as high risk either.
Thankfully this one is better positioned but that could always change so fingers crossed.

alice was born back to back, but i was so out of it on gas and air, i didn't realise until adam told me a few weeks later! :lol: Alice was back to back more or less all the way through my pregnancy.

all my pain was in my back. I didn't bother with all the excercises, because i had kinda convinced myself that i was going to end up having a c section.

But yes, babies can move right up to the end.

What i was told to do when i found out hope was back to back was to kneel on all 4s for 10 mins 3 times a day to urn her, it didnt work for me but it is worth a shot:) xx

Mason was back to back so I did loads of these kind of exercises to make sure Brody wasn't. Swimming is meant to be one of the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back