Back from the CVS test

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
What a long day it's been. We spent 3 hours at the hospital as they had lots of delays!!
So we went in for my first scan and the lady was lovely but yet again my bladder was too full (lol) and she said the placenta was too squashed and we may not be able to have the test (not a great moment and I was sent for a wee to try and change this) also baby was not behaving itself and was around the wrong way!

I was then taken into another room where the procedure would take place and had another scan. I then got washed with the antiseptic stuff and had to wait for the consultant who scanned me again and sent me for ANOTHER wee!!

This time they got on with the test which I personally found quite horrific! (I'm sorry to anyone about to go through this that I may be scaring but I'm a wuss!!)

First I had the local injected (not that I believed them till I got home and saw the Mark- my eyes were shut the whole time) they then used the CVS needle! This was quite painful (a cross between very very bad period pains and the sort of painful stomach ache you get if you need to go for a number 2 and have to hold it) I could feel them scraping but I felt no pain whatsoever when they took it out. I was quite surprised!

Unfortunately they hadn't taken a big enough sample and I had to go through it AGAIN!

Once it was done and I left the room I was not well at all. I went all hot and weak (I could only waddle because of the pain) I felt sick and wanted to lie in reception and sleep my neck and head also ached.

I took some paracetamol came home had a sleep and I feel better now, just very sore when I move.

My OH has been amazing! Really looking after me!

We've just got our fingers crossed for the results thurs/fri.

Thanks for all the support from everyone on the forum, it's been really appreciated! (especially Dee you are a superstar love thank you!)

X

I'm glad it's over and done with. It sounds like you've had a right ordeal. Have a really good rest now. Also I'm glad you don't have to wait too long for the results. I've got everything crossed for you.

Sorry your experience wasn't great with it hun :hug:
Really hoping you get good results. I hope that this week goes quickly for you so that you get some answers xx

Fingers crossed for you babe! xx

Everything crossed for you Hun xx

Aw hun... Got everything crossed for you.... Take care :). xx

Sorry the experience wasnt very nice hun. Good Luck with the results xx

Hunny got everything crossed for you! Hope this week flys by Xx

Got everything crossed for you hun. Take it easy and rest. xxxx

You been through so much today, rest easy for the next few days. I have absolutely everything crossed for you both. Kxxx

Everything crossed for you hun xxxxxxxx

Got everything crossed for you too. Rest up now and really hope everything is ok with Lo x

Thank God that's over. Hope the week passes quickly and ends with good news!

God hun it sounds like you had a really rough time. You have been so brave and should be very proud of yourself. I hope to god that you get good results thurs/fri and sooner rather than later so that you don't have to wait too long. Hope your feeling less sore today.

Dee xxxx

What a trauma!! Everything crosed for results!!

Hey there,

I'm so sorry I lost your previous thread! I replied to it last week telling you about my CVS experience. I found the thread and posted, but have since found this one.
I'm sorry that it wasn't a more comfortable experience. Although I found it painful, at least I only had to go through it once - I can't believe they went in for a second go! In saying that, at least they did it straight away rather than making you come back at a later date.
Make sure you rest up and let your OH spoil you rotten! You'll probably have a bit of pain for about 3 or 4 days, so no lifting anything!
Good luck with everything! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back