UPDATED - 12 week/ Nuchal Scan / Downs risk/ CVS test

Awww Hunni I hope everything´s fine with you and the little one. Please let us know. Sorry I just read this thread. I pmed you before.

Take care and have a great day.

xxx
Maria

Glad to hear everything went well, have been thinking of you today and checking back to see if you had posted yet!

Fingers crossed for the results at the end of the week, but sounds like everything is OK as the doc was so positive!

So... you are finding out the sex hey... controversial!! I really want to too but my DH doesn't so I am going to respect his wishes and not find out.

All my fingers and toes are crossed for you.
Bless your sonographer and his Bounty bar - that's so sweet!
Hope all is ok.
Lucyx

Hi Sabrina,

I'm so glad to hear from you - I've been worrying! It sounds like it all went as well as can be expected. I really hope you're feeling a bit better today - did you go to work?

Things must be different here - at my booking in appt after my scan yesterday, I was made an appointment for between 15 weeks and 19weeks + 2days with my midwife and told that I'd be given initial screening tests there - that would come back with the Downs/Edwards/Spina Bifida results - as high risk or low risk - then depending on the risk factor, we could then discuss whether to have other tests (i.e. amnio etc.), which are the actual diagnostic tests.

What is a CVS test or a nuchal scan? We must have a different procedure here? Sorry for my ignorance. It sounds similar but a different way of working things.

P.S. Did you take up the offer of the Bounty bar? :D

So hoping everything will be fine for you. Let us know when you can. Will you tell us the sex too (I'm so nosey!)?

Was it lovely to see the baby is such detail and for so long?

Love

Valentine xxx

Hi Ladies :) Thanks again for your messages.

I've felt a bit tired and achey today. Had a few twinges like period cramps but nothing too bad. I can feel the baby moving about which is very reassuring. :)

I didn't go to work and won't tomorrow either. I was told there's a 1 in 100 chance of miscarraige with the test so I'm trying to take it easy for the first few days. Any excuse to put my feet up ah? ;)

Valentine - What you are offered does vary between areas and also will differ depending on your age.

In my area the Nuchal Translucency scan is done for "at risk" mums to be. I'm in that category because of my age (41). It's a measurement of the fluid at the back of the baby's neck and can only be done between 11-13 weeks. That measurement, with other facts such as age, give a ratio of how likely the baby is to be Downs Syndrome. I got a 1 in 208 chance which is classed "high" (anything under 250 is "high")

The CVS test is a diagnostic test and also known as the Choronic Villus Sample test. It's like Amnio but a needle is inserted into the womb (through the stomach) and a small amount of cells are removed from the placenta. These are tested for chromosonal deficiencies. Again, I was offered this test because of being in a high risk range. The CVS test doesn't give the odds or likelihood of having a baby with DS it will actually tell us yes/no if the baby has any chromosonal problems.

I feel like a doctor telling all this :fib: I'm not at all but I have read up on it loads because I knew I'd be faced with this problem due to being so "old" (but young at heart)

:hug:
Sabrina
x

glad that it all went well for you hun

Take care :hug:

Thinking of you Sabrina...... keep checking back to see if you have posted about the results of your tests!

Take care and hope you are not too stressed out waiting x :hug:

There's no news yet Valentine :( thanks for your thoughts x :hug:

I'm getting a little stressed. Plus I have a horrible sore throat and itchy cough now. I had a silly row with OH this morning over nothing. I'm sure it's the waiting getting to me. :cry:

Sabrina
x

Hi Sabrina I just wanted to wish you the very best of luck the waiting must be terrilbe. I saw my mw yesterday for the first time and she mentioned the tests to me but as I am 39 the only test available on the NSH is the Triple Test wich is a blood test that can be completed wrong. :roll: WTF is the point. My DH and myself are currently deciding whether to have the Nuculas one done privately or not we have a few weeks yet to make up out minds.

I really hope you get a good result and from the scan it does seem positive.

hey sabrina, i hope that you get the good news sooner rather than later i get really snappy when waiting for my tea to cook so cant imagine what you must be going thru but i'm thinkin of you :hug:

your DH is just as stressed as you I am sure so is understandable you are snappy with each other, don't beat yourself up over being a bit sensitive at the moment. Is perfectly understandable.

Hope you get the results soon and everything is fine and dandy, thinking of you x :hug:

and hope your throat etc.. feel better soon!

Hi Sabrina,

I just wanted to say that I'm thinking of you honey - I hope you are feeling a bit better now and those 2 boys of yours are looking after you well!

Looking forward to hearing from you soon. P.S. I've 'officially' moved to 2nd tri, in case you can't find me.

Valentine xxx

No news yet :(

I called the hospital twice yesterday afternoon hoping to find out before the weekend but the results where not available. :|

So it's still a waiting game. The cold has taken hold today and I have a horrible cough and worse sore throat. There's nothing I can take apart from paracetemol or glycerine throat pastels. I'm going to be taking it easy this weekend. :bored:

Thanks for your thoughts. :hug:

Sabrina
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111