Back from my scan

Beth88

Reaction score
Well i had to hav another internal scan :puke: felt reall ucomfortable..

Anyway - last time the sac was empty and 2.5mm, and this time it had a yolk thing in it and it was 9mm!! sooo thats good news!!!

a bit weird - there was a little bit of blood in my uterus, which oculd be from when it implanted and i didnt bleed, so they said i shouldnt be alarmed if i start getting a bit of browny discharge etc..

so overall they were very pleased with it, and im going back for a scan on the 9th june so check all is well. yay! :cheer:

Ohhh and the sac is measuring 5 weeks and 5 days!

YAY!! Thats fantastic news. Congratulations, Im really happy for you Beth :hug:

congrats hun :hug: thats great news- your little bean is growing fast :)
hope the next 9 months is happy and healthy x

So pleased Beth, I was wondering how you were getting on with the scan.

You must be so pleased!

:D

Aww Beth I been thinking about you hun so pleased all is going well xxx Bring on 9th June hehe My next scan is 10th hehe xx

Thanks girls :hug: i'm so happy... i feel so much better today knowing that things are happening etc.. icant wait to see the little foetus on the 9th eee!! will definitely ask for a pic!

WOW, Congrats, thats good news you mist be happy :hug:

Just wondered how come you are having early scans? I havne't been around much as no internet at home, so trying to catch up!!

Not much fun those internal scans are they, lol!

Love Lau
xxx

I have been following your posts hun, I am so pleased that you had a more successful scan today :D

Xxx

Thanks Lindsay :hug:

Lau - Well i had right side pain and a tiny tiny spot of blood, so i asked my GP and he sent me off to the hospital.. weird i know!! and i was there last friday, overnight, and satyed til saturday... i had bloods taken on friday, sunday and tuesday, and the HCG levels trippled every 48 hours which is good news. they were scared it was an ectopic, and ectopic levels rise slower than this so its ok..
uuum they scanned me on tuesday, and they could see a 2.5mm empty sac - so they scanned me again today (not sure why its only 2 days later as i wasnt hopeful of much change in 2 days) and they saw a 9mm sac with a yolky thing in it. i cant believe how fast its growing!
so thats my story hehe

Thats great hun (the good news bit i mean, lol!)

Not wierd really, they have to be sooo careful if they suspect ectopic as can be so dangerous. Similar to my story before i had my son. But my hcg levels didn't rise enough so i had to have a D&C and they said if they didn't find anything there possibly a laparoscapy(sp?) and if they found something in one of tubes they may have to take it out :(

But it was in my womb so i just had the D&C.

Anyway sorry to hijack your post. i'm so glad it turned out ok! try and get a pic next scan! i have one of Alfie at 7 weeks its a little flashing blob, lol!

Lau
xx

Lau did they know why the little one wasnt growing? or why the levels werent rising? must have been horrible :(

No, well they never said. To be honest i think thats what made it worse. I was just told the pregnany was failing and sone stupid statistic about 1 in 4 ending in MC, like that helped! They weren't very considerate to be honest. and it was horrible :(

I was a bit of a mess and was signed off work for 2 weeks, wnet back in, burst into tears and got signed off again.

The only thing that really helped was getting pregnant again with Alfie really. Although i still think about the baby i lost. and i worried so much woth Alfie. I managed to get a 7 week scan as i took part in a survey and i was so petrified of the same happening i nearly didn't go. But almost as soon as they put the scan thing on me i saw a flashing blob and knew it was ok.

I still constantly worried throughout the pregnancy though, lol!

But i remeber someone telling me a really good statistic that a certain percentage of foetus/embryo's that have a heartbeat go on to have sucessful pregnancies. I can't remeber the number but it was really high and basically menas if you have a heartbeat you have an excellent chance of it all being ok :)

lau
x

Aw thats horrid :( the hospitals are really not nice.. I remember you saying you didn't ahve any bleeding either, gosh that must have been so hard to take in.. I would have been absolutely gutted..

At least you have Alfie now and another little seedling on the way :hug: :hug: :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back