Back From Scan

DebbieM

Reaction score
I had my scan this morning (a reassurance scan) and all is well.

She tried an ultrasound at first and said that she could see the gestational sack and was pretty sure she could see something in it but it wasn't quite clear enough so said she needed to do an internal.

I went off to the loo to empty myself of the gallons of water I'd had this morning and went back, stripped my bottom half and wrapped myself in a sheet (all very discreet I have to say!).

Lay back down and within a few seconds she confirmed that she could see the baby and it's tiny little heartbeat! To say I am relieved is an understatement, I didn't cry - not because I don't care but because I was just overcome with relief and so many other thoughts and emotions. You kind of convince yourself that it's all in your head and you're not even pregnant!

Anyway, I didn't get a pic as they don't give them for these scans unfortunately :( but I did get a print out with some details on. It shows:

Gestation Sac: Present
Fetal Pole: Seen
Uterus: Bulky (whatever that means LOL)
Sac Site: Normal
Shape: Regular
Yolk Sac: Seen
Fetal Heartbeat: Present
Gestation: 6 weeks 2 days (So I am not as far as I thought right now - 4 days behind so my EDD is 10/03/2008)

The comments say that the FH was seen and that there is a small subchrionic haemorrhage adjacent to the sac which she said was probably why I had the small amount of spotting I had and not to be alarmed if it happens again.

All in all, I am very pleased and I am DEFINITELY PREGNANT!!!! WOOHOO! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

That is great new hunni, you are also the same due day as me :D 10/03/2008

Ive got my scan tomorrow morning at 8am, the bleeding has stopped but im still sick with worry!

You must be so happy with the good news :dance:

Tiggy xxx

thats great ! oh brilliant , i so want a scan , to think my lil beans heart is beating i just wanna see it !

Tiggy26 said:
That is great new hunni, you are also the same due day as me :D 10/03/2008

Ive got my scan tomorrow morning at 8am, the bleeding has stopped but im still sick with worry!

You must be so happy with the good news :dance:

Tiggy xxx

Thanks everyone! I feel so happy today now! I can start really telling myself I AM pregnant :D OH is so excited too - bless him!

Yes Tiggy - we are due the same date now. How fab!!! :D

Brilliant news! Glad to hear that you can now relax and enjoy your pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back